carrots

copy bbs rs wheel problem not happy

hi i bought a set of bbs rs copys off ebay the end of july,at the time of buying them i asked if they came with a 12m warranty and was told yes.ive done a max of 600 miles on these wheels and always kept them clean and used wheel wax.i took them off about a month ago to put some winter wheels on,on giving them a extra clean in the house ive noticed the lacquer is starting to lift around a couple of the fake bolts.i contacted the ebay seller and he asked for a pic and said he might have a wheel to send me in stock.i waited a few weeks and he told me all kinds of crap then said he wont be giving me a wheel as his supplier says ive damaged the wheel with a stone chip .i didnt expect these wheels to last for ever but 600 mile .any advice anyone

Ebay presumably means Paypal payment ... ?

Problem is though, how long before the other 3 (or a replacement) just start doing the same thing?

I bought some Audi R8 reps, to go on the wife's A3 run them for the summer, took them off for the winter dry stored, got them back out to fit this summer and every wheel has lacquer bleed. Not impressed but i guess this is the price you pay.

Ill be doing a refurb on them this winter. :cool:

As for yours Carrots complain again and again, if paid with pay pal get in touch with them and explain your situation.

Quote your consumer right and the sale of goods act 1979. If it is just the result of a stone chip rather than a large damaged area, tell them you will be seeking legal advice with the aid of the Citizens Advice Bureau, as they have not stood up to what could be described as normal use -less than normal in you circumstance.

They are just trying to fob you off, but be persistant. The company that sold you the wheel should replace it or offer you a refund, and then go through their own process with the spplier. It should not be put onto you if the supplier/manufacturer will not make good to them. Stick to your guns mate.

ive been onto him again,he said he was willing to help me at first but because i told him a few days ago i want the wheel by such a date or a full refund he said he is doing nothing now.i told all i want is another wheel