ross k

my new 1.8 16v quarts metallic corrado

right guys as some of you know i was debating what to do with my white corrado i decided to sell it to buy a better one in a month or so anyway that didnt happen as this corrado came up on ebay locally and i knew the car from shows it was listed in the wrong place so i snapped it up at what i think is a very good price i still have to sell the white one.

The car is a 1.8 16v with 150,000 miles on the clock it has full vw service history untill 133,000 miles. Its had loads of new parts including a recon ,steering rack brake master,brake lines,tie rod ends and top mounts,distributor,centre box etc etc it has been recently resprayed and the paint is absolutly mint it was done with the windows in but done well its got a full factory fitted grey leather interior in great nick the leathers nice and subtle remote central locking sony stereo etc its got a months mot and tax

it needs new rear brake pads exhaust backbox and could do with some tyres soon anyway heres the pics let me know what you think

newrado.jpg

newrad2.jpg

newrado3.jpg

newrado4.jpg

newrado6.jpg

the only main problem is the fact the last owner attempted to roll the arches not very well this is the worst one but they all have some small cracking of paint right on the edge of the arch but i should be able to touch that up and you cant really notice it its just this one which i might have to respray

newrado5.jpg

so how much do you think i paid?

i believe so i think when it was resprayed it had more flake put in as its quite glittery. I belive it was only made for one year in this colour and i only know of one other but would like to hear from anyone who knows more i only paid 600 pound for it so im rather happy

update the white one sold so this is now on the road took it for an mot yesterday it failed but only because the headlights packed up on the way and then the ignition switch died as i went to leave.As a result i got up early today went and got an ignition switch put it in and went to the garage and got its mot. Passed with no advisories then went and got 6 months tax overal it drives well the clutch is a bit high but other than that all good so pretty happy really watch this space for updates

they werent mine thats before i got it i know their brock b1s and they were 16 x 9 all round just returned from a few days away did 500 miles in the car and it was faultless and managed to get 41 mpg out of it so overall pretty happy

41mpg? That's amazing! What is up with the current backbox? If stainless i may be interested in taking off your hands.

Martin

update after doing around 3000 miles in the car its clear the clutch needs replacing i decided it was an excuse to drop an abf engine in. Managed to get one for 95 pound so i will be putting that in in a few weeks running k jet. Does anyone know if the fuelling will need adjusting after the engine change and if so how thanks ross

new engine is here going to paint it next weekend any ideas on colour and then hopefully fit in a couple of weeks

newcorradoengine.jpg

update started cleaning the engine up and painting it ready to install let me know what you think

before

abfengine2.jpg

abfengine3.jpg

after

abfengine4.jpg

abfengine1.jpg

well another coat of paint on the engine today and put a few bits back on heres some pics

abfengine6.jpg

abfengine5.jpg

Looking good there Ross good to see a valver getting a bit of love good for you pal :thumbleft:

well update this weekend was time for the engine change it started of well had the car stripped in a day and removed the engine the next morning. The first issue was the radiator which broke when i went to pull the hoses of anyway carried on started moving everything over only to break the dizzy by accident i persevered and fitted the new clutch but went to change the clutch release bearing and the little clips were broken on the new one. I continued with the old one and went to change the cambelt and they've sent me the wrong one so i am forced to finish it next weekend when i will change the clutch release bearing and the cambelt.ow also got the wrong rocker cover gasket as well heres some pics

enginechange5.jpg

engine out

enginechange3.jpg

the hole it left

enginechange4.jpg

cleaned up the engine bay

enginechange2.jpg

as i left the engine

enginechange1.jpg

on the plus side swapped my lenso bbs reps for these borbet t,s staggered 16x7.7 and 16x9

enginechange6.jpg

they were badly curbed so set to work correcting that heres one done

enginechange7.jpg

update alot has happened since the last update the engine is in and ive done 3000 miles since. It runs sweet as a nut had a few teething problems but everything is great soon after i fitted the engine i went to Yorkshire and the lakes with a few mates for my 21st it was brilliant fun and a 90s showdown as my mate was driving a 1991 200sx. The car was great went up the hardknott pass in the lakes and the rhynose pass some brilliant roads and weather and to top it of 46mpg heres some pics

DSC_1586.jpg

DSC_1581.jpg

DSC_1559.jpg

DSC_1570.jpg

DSC_1564.jpg

just before the pass

DSC_1604.jpg just after the pass it was rather steep at a 1 in 3 gradient

DSC_1608.jpg

anyway holiday aside my new wheels are now on after replacing both rear wheel bearings disks and pads.Last weekend i went to apex festival at lydden hill was a good day but only soar four corrado heres a quick rolling shot

rollingshot.jpg

rollingshot2.jpg

heres a pic from the show got some good fedback and rather happy with the car not sure about the colour of the wheels what do you think?

10346626_10203180756776251_3904029628064111440_n.jpg

Good to see progress Ross if there is anything you need mate I have alot of part's from my 1.8 16v breaker brand new dizzy cap lead's etc. Good to see you are getting use out of the car :thumbleft:

thanks clumpy i will do im just enjoying driving it at the moment im yet to see another corrado on the road while in it though

feeling rather sad the white corrado i sold is being broken for parts:( it seems all that work i put in wasnt enough

update new wheels swapped the borbets for these plus 50 quid as got fed up with them rubbing the arches these are 15x8 et25. The centres need painting but what colour advice please

10570304_10203732484649103_2315218822507042801_n.jpg

10440693_10203732484089089_185008118692024095_n.jpg

also the car seems to run badly when cold very lumpy and the idle keeps dropping to around 500 occasionally when cold anyone know anything to check thanks ross

well i aquired another set of wheels they are 15x8 et15 they are a rep of an enkei wheel but i quite like them havent seen many before and the fitment is perfect not sure about the brown so what do i do refurb the shcmidts or keep the new ones opinions please

DSC_1790.jpg

DSC_1789.jpg