Kirsty

Post new thread option not available in classified forum?

Hi,

I joined a couple of months ago in preparation to sell my Corrado (and some workshop manuals). Well, I'm ready but I can't see the 'post new thread' option in the classifieds section. It seems to appear everywhere else but the for sale section. Can someone advise me where I'm going wrong please?

Thanks

Kirsty

Hi,

You need to post more as there is something in place to stop people joining up just to sell stuff.........oops :lol:

Welcome along anyway :wave:

Well that's a shame. I thought this would be the way I could make sure my Corrado went to an enthusiast who would take up the mantle of caring for this amazing car and keep it in its original condition. I have nothing to 'post' about. I don't use forums, Facebook or Twitter. I just want my car to go to someone who will appreciate her. I guess I'll have to advertise the normal way and hope for the best which makes me really sad. I think you should change your rules or at least tell new users what they are. I can't see anything in the FAQs about the Classifieds section becoming available to users after a certain number of posts.

I must admit, it could possibly be clearer on what the rules are here - I can't find it written anywhere about how many posts you need to have to submit an advert. I'm fairly sure the only caveats though for selling are for people doing a 'breaking' thread and I'm quite sure we've had new users post sale threads.

What happens when you try? The link for posting a new classified ad is here:

http://the-corrado.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=57

It's not a rule I've put in place ...

But I can see the argument. If someone hasn't bothered using the forum (community?) while they've owned their Corrado, should we just offer up a free resource for people to make money when they want to sell up?

It isn't exactly that difficult to amass 10 posts.

My comments aren't aimed at Kirsty ... it's a question that crops up from time to time.

It's not a rule I've put in place ...

But I can see the argument. If someone hasn't bothered using the forum (community?) while they've owned their Corrado, should we just offer up a free resource for people to make money when they want to sell up?

It isn't exactly that difficult to amass 10 posts.

My comments aren't aimed at Kirsty ... it's a question that crops up from time to time.

A valid point. I guess on the flip side of that if a low mileage or otherwise interesting Corrado comes up for sale, wouldn't we want to be the place to get it sold? Certainly a tough one.

Absolutely Jim.

I guess if someone is that bothered about the car and the community, and their prized possession finding a good home, they aren't going to be put off by 10 posts ...

Or as with 99% of people selling Corrados here, they are already actively posting and using the forum anyway.

Hi Jim,

When I click on the link it says I do not have permission to post. Reading below reveals 10 posts are in fact required to advertise. Hopefully other new users will find this knowledge helpful.

Apologies, I really did just want to find a good owner for my car, if I had known actively participating in the forum was required I would never have bothered your community/forum with my request as I'm just not comfortable with this form of communication and I don't have 10 things to post about.

Kind Regards

Kirsty

Well, this all seemed to escalate rather quickly... Perhaps not the best reception, VR6?

Jim/Tom - you can manually bump anyone to full access by changing their Primary User Group from "New User" to "Registered User" in the Admin panel.

The post limit is actually only 6 posts - once you've achieved this, you have full access to the forums. Or you can PM/Email me and I will enable it early.

The reason? It's quite simple - we've found that when a 'spambot' successfully manages to become registered on the forum, they post about 3/4/5 posts to 'test' the water. This way, they don't get access to the Classifieds (which are heavily indexed by Google) or the Blogs.

I will update the wording on the 'rules' to include the post limit info to avoid further confusion in the future.

Edit - this message will now appear in the Classifieds if the user is still in the "New User" group:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76648[/ATTACH]

sorry but why the hell are you guys being so hostile. she has a fair point, she just wanted her car to go to an enthusiast on hear before it goes to some idiot. recently there seems to be alot of hostile attitudes on here. Quite frankly dont see the need.

Well, this all seemed to escalate rather quickly... Perhaps not the best reception, VR6?

Jim/Tom - you can manually bump anyone to full access by changing their Primary User Group from "New User" to "Registered User" in the Admin panel.

The post limit is actually only 6 posts - once you've achieved this, you have full access to the forums. Or you can PM/Email me and I will enable it early.

The reason? It's quite simple - we've found that when a 'spambot' successfully manages to become registered on the forum, they post about 3/4/5 posts to 'test' the water. This way, they don't get access to the Classifieds (which are heavily indexed by Google) or the Blogs.

I will update the wording on the 'rules' to include the post limit info to avoid further confusion in the future.

Cheers Andi - apologies for being oblivious on that one. If I had realised that, I'd have bumped her temporarily just to get the advert on. Doesn't look like that'll be happening now though :(

sorry but why the hell are you guys being so hostile. she has a fair point, she just wanted her car to go to an enthusiast on hear before it goes to some idiot. recently there seems to be alot of hostile attitudes on here. Quite frankly dont see the need.

Me?

Has any of the MODS PM'd the OP to inform her she only needs one more post, I'd like to see this low miler

Has any of the MODS PM'd the OP to inform her she only needs one more post, I'd like to see this low miler

I was going to PM her but I suspect she'll probably not be back. I will send one anyway.

I did drop her a PM, but I suspect Tom nailed that coffin shut...

It's alright to say about being hostile but look at it from another angle in the ad on ebay they bought the car in april they love it so much they decide to offload the car 8 months later :scratch: (trying to make a quick profit?? and by selling it on here avoid paypal/ebay fee's) Come on guy's yes it's a tidy car but there are better for sale on here looked after by genuine corradoist's. It would not surprise me in the slightest if after a short time after purchasing this car a few little niggle's would appear.......

...would not surprise me in the slightest if after a short time after purchasing this car a few little niggle's would appear.......

Sounds like every Corrado I've ever heard of, lol

Sounds like every Corrado I've ever heard of, lol

Mine had a little more than a few. (a year later and it's in a more stripped state than when i bought it ;) nevermind what i've spent to get it right sorry nevermind what i've spent in "trying to get it right"

Andi, I seem to have been able to post to the Wanted section of the classifieds and it appears to have been viewed. Though I also get the warning about having to have six posts (this post will probably take me over that). Will folk be able to respond to my wanted ad?

Yes, the 6 threads mark just means your thread is Moderated before it goes live. If you can see it, it's live, and everyone can respond as usual.