perky15

full respray

Worth trying to get hold of a few things that'll probably fall to pieces on removal. Assuming its a windows out respray, you'll need both scraper seals (drivers side is obsolete iirc), wing mirror seals (also obsolete iirc), roof gutter plastics (obsolete) and door seals. As you can see, there may be a small problem with obtaining a few items! If you can do it yourself before taking it down, remove them yourself. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Get the windscreen out and check for rust around the A pillars / windscreen surround... makes sense to get that tackled whilst it's in!

All of the above !! The pillars are not available any more either , the body shop should be able to sort them though if they are shot . Think I had one of the last sets .

Cost of respray is piece of string varies from a few hundred to thousands so is pointless asking really.

Things to do/ check:

definitely screen out

bag and label everything if stripping it yourself which I would also recommend!

Plate surround, scrapers, roof trims, fogs indies and headlights make all the difference when paint is done.

wheels in good order

replace screws and bolts

as said mirror gaskets and be careful not to over tighten

take loads of pictures

All of the above !! The pillars are not available any more either , the body shop should be able to sort them though if they are shot . Think I had one of the last sets .

A pillars are available from vw classic parts in the link a couple up, I bought one the other week for 50 euros

one thing i forgot and regretted after i had full respray was not getting my arches rolled at the same time....i hadnt planned on fitting 9j alloys then!

oh and get the seam on rear panel smoothed one thing i did plan and looks loads better i think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76750[/ATTACH]

its going to be costing me around £1500 Cash ;-) a friend whos a professional sprayer has use of a heated booth and will do it for me.

If I have the windscreen removed and the pillars are rusted is there any available of would it have to be welded etc?

gutter trims are newish I removed them the other day to clean the car and I will try and remove scraper seals :-)

don't want to roll arches or remove seams keep it as close to oem looking as possible

Sorry to pipe in but where are the roof gutter trims available from in Germany? Thanks

Yeah that would be good to know

its going to be costing me around £1500 Cash ;-) a friend whos a professional sprayer has use of a heated booth and will do it for me.

If I have the windscreen removed and the pillars are rusted is there any available of would it have to be welded etc?

gutter trims are newish I removed them the other day to clean the car and I will try and remove scraper seals :-)

don't want to roll arches or remove seams keep it as close to oem looking as possible

Good price my respray poss be march/april need new engine and charger fitted 1st which I pick up on friday. Im in the trade so getting respray no problem just who gives me best price but know who I'll use in end I think.

If you do a lot of the prep yourself for a respray you can keep the costs down to around 14-1600 for a professional job. i,e, windows, interior out, lights off, spoiler/sunroof off, side bump strips, Bonnet & bumpers removed. Any rust defects welded/repaired and or panels replaced.

To hand it over as is and want a window out, door shut respray with some minor repairs to rusty areas then expect to budget 2300-3000 again for a professional job and more if the restoration work is heavy. Also paint costs vary dramatically depending on the finish your after. So paints will cost you thousands before even starting.

To get it done in someones workshop/home garage then I would be looking at paying no more than 1500 for a hand the keys over number.

Also, to do pillars down only is cheaper. Mine had original paint on the roof and C pillars that was fine so only had it painted from bottom of windows down, and some cunning blending on the C pillars. Looks spot on.

Ron

My whole car needs doing been standing 5-6yrs no laquar on it. Solid no rust or dents. Pick engine/charger up friday for it.

looks nice ill put pics up of mine tomoz before its going in at 4 and as some idiot scraped the side of it the other day I get a courtesy car :-) brand new Toyota gt86 until its done :-)

Finally got price for full spray inc door shuts and me stripping car all for £1400 cash. I know the lad and he's really good was head spraying at bmw dealer I worked at got his own body shop now. Going in start of march.