vw bobby

Starting problems on my corrado with a 1.8T

Hi all, I need help,

Basically I fitted a new dash in my corrado with a 1.8T engine conversion. The car use to start before and now it does not. It has a immobilizer and I have fitted everything back in as it was. All the lights come on, the fuel pump come on, but soon as I turn the key, it just goes dead.

I tried changing the battery, as thought it may of been that and still nothing at all.

Can someone please help on this?

Cheers

Bobby

I know its a difficult one and just bloody annoying me now and getting frustrated. I think no power is getting to the starter?

Sounds like you've either dislodged or trapped and damaged a wire associated with the alarm/immobiliser... The tediousness of opening up the dash and checking cables for damage, and that they are still connected as the should be, awaits you I'm afraid fella.

measure the voltage at the starter, if no power there measure the voltage at the ignition switch

if the fuel pump seems to work then you could be suffering from the traditional failed ignition switch