Jim

Bought a DAB radio for the Corrado.. brilliant!

Picsaebe36fc1e568a38028c54d9a40523bc.jpga009db20fc2c815990c26087f628c3b7.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for that Sean. Useful pics.

Thanks very much for that Sean. Useful pics.

I think it might be worth mentioning here, as someone corrected me with mine, that I think the DAB aerial is slightly incorrectly installed. Apparently that little copper coloured tab should be actually be behind trim and ideally touching on something metal (bodywork) so all that should be visible is the little black box and the film aerial bit.

I had mine deployed exactly the same on my Corrado (and it worked superbly) but someone mentioned it to me, so I thought I should pass it on!

I think it might be worth mentioning here, as someone corrected me with mine, that I think the DAB aerial is slightly incorrectly installed. Apparently that little copper coloured tab should be actually be behind trim and ideally touching on something metal (bodywork) so all that should be visible is the little black box and the film aerial bit.

I had mine deployed exactly the same on my Corrado (and it worked superbly) but someone mentioned it to me, so I thought I should pass it on!

Thanks Jim. I cant think of any exposed metal areas by the trim though, anything you woukd suggest?

Thanks Jim. I cant think of any exposed metal areas by the trim though, anything you woukd suggest?

Morning Hasan

I was thinking along the lines of whipping the A- Pillar trim off, a light emery cloth on the pillar to remove the paint, fix the copper part of the antenna to that then re-fix the trim to cover, By the look of the picture you would be left with the plastic connection box tight upto the pillar trim which would look possibly better and you would also then have the Ground Plane effect for the antena

My other thought is the Hirschmann roof mount... if that is the right one it pretty much looks factory ;)

Edited by Geeba

I have the same unit, I removed the a post trim and put the copper tab on the metal bodywork. Here's a pic:46007f78305fd8f6f2a19f6455b0775d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering whether these need to be stuck to the windscreen or coukd i still it inside the roof, but attached to a ground point? Or does it need line-of-sight signal access?

Thinking of going for the DAB upgrade but not selected a head unit yet. Anyone any experience with these:

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/jvc-kd-r891bt-digital-receiver

I think the square chunky design would go fairly well in the Corrado, except for the awful multicoloured button... They do similar styled ones with a more restrained button but they don't have DAB unfortunately.