robrado974

Removal of exterior plastic triangle

Another part I have removed before and can't remember how to get it off. Mine is not pushed into the corner properly and water appears to be leaking in at this point .

Thanks Rob

Hidden screw on the inside of the door under a small plastic cap towards the hinge and door shut.

Roughly opposite the triangle on the outside.

This holds the triangle in place but the outer door seal that runs down to this triangle keeps is snug so after the removing the screw you have to carefully slide the triangle out.

Just don't force it as you'll end up snapping the threaded screw tube, thus rending the item broken.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Stuey , may be I didn't take this off when I had the respray done after all . I don't remember this . I shall sort it soon .

Rob

They are hard to remove even after the screw is taken off I removed 1 side from my breaker without damage the other side however the plastic piece which said screw goes into got slightly damaged.There are so many part's on Corrado's that are so easy to damage/break.

I may not have to take it off , once the screw is out I will try and slide it into the corner as there's a gap of about 5mm and this is letting water into the car .

Yeah mate it might just not be "in position" you can remove them with great patience.

I found out that entirely removing the outer door frame seal makes removing the triangles a piece of cake as it's releases the tension on the triangle itself.

However I realise in most cases, this doesn't help as you have no need to remove the seal entirely...

I'm struggling with this. Removed the screw and tried gently moving the triangle with a trim removal tool. It just seems to want to rotate on the top but not slide back. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hasan

The barrel at the back of the trim (where the screw locates) is quite long and locates into the door. You have to lift this enough for it to be free and away from its location before sliding it back (It only needs to "just about" clear its location point). They're fitted real tight, so you have to be firm and persuasive, but not too heavy handed. Apologies if this is a clear as a muddy puddle, but I found this picture to help show what's going on behind it:

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 09.04.54.png

Edited by James.

Many thanks James.  So its just the fact that the barrel is not clearing that it wont move away - good to know.  Might warm it slightly before trying to remove.

s there anything on the opposite end holding it secure, like a rolled edge or lip? mine seems to be restricted at the top corner for some reason..

Edited by fla

2 hours ago, James. said:

The barrel at the back of the trim (where the screw locates) is quite long and locates into the door. You have to lift this enough for it to be free and away from its location before sliding it back (It only needs to "just about" clear its location point). They're fitted real tight, so you have to be firm and persuasive, but not too heavy handed. Apologies if this is a clear as a muddy puddle, but I found this picture to help show what's going on behind it:

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 09.04.54.png

I struggled with getting my exterior triangle off a couple of weeks ago and gave up, but will now re-visit this and replace that seal thanks to this image. 🙂

Well looks like mine had a bodge from who knows when. The retaining foot had had been snapped off and instead it was being held on with tie wraps looped together. Great. Not much i can do apart from perhaps getting a replacement. I'll refit this for the time being.

Anyone have a drivers side one spare?

20220412_173121.jpg

1 hour ago, fla said:

Well looks like mine had a bodge from who knows when.

Got to love an improvised solution. Just not when it falls at your doorstep 🙄.

Glad you managed to resolve the problem.