Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Group buy for car audio?????

I work for a SMC Sound and vision in Shrewsbury (Formerly In Car Systems) and was wondering if any one was interested in a group buy on Focal Speakers and Audison Amplifiers?

If you are interested in improving your sound system using the above manufacturers, let me know with this thread, and I'll see what I can do!

Please indicate what you would want from the following

Focal Front Component kits (5 1/4", 6 1/2")

Focal 6" X 9"s

Audison Two channels amplifiers

Audison Four channels amplifiers

Audison Three channels amplifiers

Audison Mono Amplifiers

8" / 11" / 13" subwoofers (11" Focal = 10" and 13" Focal = 12" subs)

And also Audioscape Door Pods

Let me know guys..... :D

Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the offer of a Group Buy. 8)

I'd be interested in the Focal front components.

Do these come with crossovers?

Also, rather than 6x9's which involve cutting holes in my parcel shelf (new one's near £200), do Focal do a speaker that will fit the existing speaker surounds, think they're 6x4 IIRC.

I've an amp at the moment running a Bazooka sub, so base isn't really a concern.

What sort of prices are we talking?

Cheers

Mike

I'm interested. I want a small sub enclosure and driver for the boot, a 4 channel amp and some components for the doors/dash.

Cheers

K

I'd be interested in the Focal front components.

Do these come with crossovers?

The 5.25" Focal components are superb guys - very highly recommended. They come with crossovers.

i too have Focal components, but have the door pods and 6" versions, both items i highly recommend to those serious about tunes

Right.....

Group buy products so far are going to be

Focal 130A 5 1/4" component normally £129 over 10pairs £99

Focal 165A 6 1/2" component normally £139 over 10pairs £109

Focal 165KF 6 1/2" component normally £265 over 10pairs £225

More may be added depending on interest i.e amplifers and possibly a better price if we get more interest in the components......over 20pairs etc.

Will be getting a price for the Audioscape door pods today or tomoz.

Come on guys.....Focal components are the way forward :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Stu

Don't we *need* the door pods to use 6.5" components?

And has anyone thought of a way of using the door cavity as a cabinet (whilst keeping the water out) to improve the bass and midrange?

The door cavity will be open and the best thing to do is use dynamat or brown bread sound deadening and then put some focal "plein chant" behind the speaker on the outer door skin. Apparently according to Jaz from Focal this stuff acts in a similar way to an anechoic chamber i.e reducing destructive interference caused by the reflection of the sound waves from the back of the speaker!

Come on guys, Focals kick ass. I've got some Utopia Audiom 6W mids and Utopia TN51 tweeters in my other car and they sound awesome! :D :D

Aye but how do you stop water getting in the car with open backed door pods, which is what I was getting at :wink:

o i c :o

erm......

let me have a think about that one, and I'll ask the guys at work and see what they think :wink:

Rear's now sorted so just looking at the Focal 5.25 comps

Thanks

Aye but how do you stop water getting in the car with open backed door pods, which is what I was getting at

Kev, if you punch holes in the membrane, then get some plastic membrane like amterial, to cover hole o the inner door, sealing it down the sides and along the top then water runs over everything and the air travels through this lil upside down pocket, into the door, which would be worthwhile dynamatting too :) i found out the hard way after having a swimming pool... :lol::lol::lol: