larceny fink

1994 Corrado VR6 M Reg Aqua Blue Kings Lynn, Norfolk

Hi there, I think you came round to mine by North Lynn Ind Estate a while back. May have passed you on bypass as well, the Aqua Blue one - was. You may have passed me in my Mk2 Golf as well.

Sorry about the C fella. Are you the chap i met by the north lynn ind est or the c i always pass on the lynn bypass? I've got the classic green one.

exhaust mounts gone but to have the passenger door card top trim

Hi

It's a real shame your car looked a good un.

Anyway do you still have the Exhaust mounts? All three and also the passenger side door card top trim(that door card locates into)?

Thanks

Steve

yeah i did, you had the burgundy one too..... shame, was a nice car! seen you in the golf too. Shame she couldn't be rescued :(

sold the Burgundy one after getting it through MOT, mine is a Cat B so not possible to save it unfortunately - insurance company did let me have it for nothing though after they paid me out. Awaiting settlement from the tit that hit me now - may enable me to get another Corrado

sorry bud, sold it

Thanks

How much for the top section of the handbrake cover if black and fixings are good

Thanks Rob

hi mate, sorry to see what's happened to your Corrado, always a shame to see another go.

I don't suppose you'd be able to get the rear panel off at all? I've had a Range Rover have a go at mine, and the rear panel is done for so I'm trying to source another. I found one from a scrapyard but it's not in great condition and would require some of the good bits left from mine stictched in, which isn't ideal. I'd rather have a solid one from a car that's been looked after. If it's something you were able to do, how much would you want for it? I'd organise a courier of course.

If not, would you be able to let me know what breakers' you'd be taking it to, assuming you are, so I might try and get it off them?

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi there,

I did speak to someone who came and got some bits who had replaced a 1/4 panel on a Corrado with one from another and he said it was a bitch to do i.e drilling out spot welds and getting it out intact enough to fit it again correctly, I know the rear panel may be a bit easier but may be a bit beyond me in getting it off correctly so it can be re-fitted. What I was planning on doing was to offer the shell to anyone wanting it for the rear end panels as everything else will be off so not a rolling car. If no takers I have someone to lift it away and scrap it as it's not worth me doing it for the few quid it will be worth in scrap.

hi mate, sorry to see what's happened to your Corrado, always a shame to see another go.

I don't suppose you'd be able to get the rear panel off at all? I've had a Range Rover have a go at mine, and the rear panel is done for so I'm trying to source another. I found one from a scrapyard but it's not in great condition and would require some of the good bits left from mine stictched in, which isn't ideal. I'd rather have a solid one from a car that's been looked after. If it's something you were able to do, how much would you want for it? I'd organise a courier of course.

If not, would you be able to let me know what breakers' you'd be taking it to, assuming you are, so I might try and get it off them?

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi there,

I did speak to someone who came and got some bits who had replaced a 1/4 panel on a Corrado with one from another and he said it was a bitch to do i.e drilling out spot welds and getting it out intact enough to fit it again correctly, I know the rear panel may be a bit easier but may be a bit beyond me in getting it off correctly so it can be re-fitted. What I was planning on doing was to offer the shell to anyone wanting it for the rear end panels as everything else will be off so not a rolling car. If no takers I have someone to lift it away and scrap it as it's not worth me doing it for the few quid it will be worth in scrap.

Ah ok, no problems. Thanks anyway. I was hopeful more than anything else! With the ropey one I've got, the scrapyard have roughly cut it off so a small section of the sides and the boot tray are still attached - I'll let the bodyshop cut it out properly. Don't know if that would make a difference rather than trying to cut it out neatly? Does seem like it's a difficult part to source though so might end up just having to let the bodyshop sort that shoddy one out.

Also, do you mind me asking what value the insurers put on it? I've got their assessor coming out on Thursday so it might be useful to compare.

HI there, do you have the mirror adjuster, handbrake cover, drivers side under dash pockets (i.e. the part that covers the fuse box), center scuttle cover part (Assume this was smashed)

Thanks Matt

Hi, sorry for the loss. I'm looking for drivers side electric window switch (535959855f)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77830[/ATTACH]

thanks,

colum

Hi there, I've tried to read most of the thread so apologies if I have missed this. I'd be after passenger side door and wing mirror. Also pass side front indicator? Would need them shipped though ?

Value wise I was a plum, I only paid £1k for it and told insurance it was worth £1500 and was going to do the agreed value thing where an 'expert' fills in a form and you agree a value with insurance, was going to insure it for £2k mr bit more maybe. Hence I only got the £1500 back but they did say they would have no problem paying out more - maybe £2500-£3000 if that was what I declared or if I had agreed that previously.

Ah ok, no problems. Thanks anyway. I was hopeful more than anything else! With the ropey one I've got, the scrapyard have roughly cut it off so a small section of the sides and the boot tray are still attached - I'll let the bodyshop cut it out properly. Don't know if that would make a difference rather than trying to cut it out neatly? Does seem like it's a difficult part to source though so might end up just having to let the bodyshop sort that shoddy one out.

Also, do you mind me asking what value the insurers put on it? I've got their assessor coming out on Thursday so it might be useful to compare.

Hi, got the mirror adjuster switch and sold handbrake cover. All rest were obliterated I'm afraid

HI there, do you have the mirror adjuster, handbrake cover, drivers side under dash pockets (i.e. the part that covers the fuse box), center scuttle cover part (Assume this was smashed)

Thanks Matt

I still got the passenger wing mirror and door, indicator sold though. I can get some pics of the door if you want as the rub strip was damaged during recovery and will need replacing.

Hi there, I've tried to read most of the thread so apologies if I have missed this. I'd be after passenger side door and wing mirror. Also pass side front indicator? Would need them shipped though ?

I have a Aqua blue passenger wing mirror and I'm a bit closer than Norfolk

Even better clumpy! No door or indicator? My car is black but I'm gonna need to get body work and paint done anyway hence looking for different colours.

Still on my to do list, weather was a pig last week when I could get out to do anything

Hi mate, did you get a chance to look at the door internals? It was some bits from the passenger door locking mechanism that I was after.

Thanks

I have confirmed that my project needs a heater matrix ?? Anyone got one for a late vr?