MarkB

Battered Storm

Right, I know I don't post on here often but I do browse alot. I've got a Storm in green (or I think I have, could be a good copy ;-)) which is totally standard, and have come to the conclusion that I need to sort the painwork out. It's got the usual chips on the bonnet and wings and a scrape on the rear wing. No rot on the wings or sills and was trying to get a general consensus on what to do? Do I

1, keep it standard in original condition and just keep replacing bits that break. At the moment its the sunroof! Before that full suspension rebuild and heater matrix and thermostat housings and . . . Well you get the picture.

2, go stripped out lightweight fast road and butcher it.

3, or sell, buy and butcher a non storm motor.

Please help!

Twilight Violet VR6, grey leather interior, body a bit rough but I have 2 wings and 2 doors in the correct colour, as yet unfitted. Goes very well, clutch done a couple of years ago, brakes too, only done 5000ish miles since. Everything works except sunroof motor, replacement here too. Fairly sure the chains/tensioners were done by previous owner, paperwork here(in a box somewhere). Could come on speedlines, solitudes.

Mot'd until October , currently SORN'd.....needs drivers sued wheel bearing(got it here) and front engine mount seems to have a little movement?(Vibratechnics)

Not really knowing anything about the condition of yours it's hard to say if I would need/want to offer anything on top? :)

Yeah id say a bit of a dilemma, was just getting a general consensus but this is what has been done/ doing at the moment.

1. Dics and pads all round

2. Wheel bearing all round

3. New bottom arms and drop links

4. Brake hoses all round

5. Rear spoiler fixed fully working

6. Abs sensors and rings all round

7. Heater matrix done

8. Track rod ends

9. All dash bulbs

10. New (2nd hand) headlights with uprated bulbs soon to have modified harness

11. Sunroof motor, headlining out as we speak for mk3 mechanism and headlining recovered.

12. Seat heaters repaired

13. Thermostat and all plastic pipes

14. New alpine bluetooth radio with green display ;-)

15. New Sytec in tank fuel punp

16. Had clutch 20k ago

All previous paperwork, 2 sets of keys and alarm pads, std storm wheels, exhaust, suspension and original book pack ect ect . . . .

You get the picture. . . . Lol.

Just thinking about possibly selling it and tricking one out? I just don't know.

. . . . . Famous last words. Anti roll bar clamp has just snapped and sheared off the bolt fir the subframe. #goingtobealongday :-(

What do people think its worth?

Having a new roof lining and mk3 sunroof mechanism this week and ordered 2 new fog lights from the states last week. I think £2500-3000? Maybe £6k? ;-)

Quick heads up, in a few weeks the Storm is up for sale. .

. In the process of fixing the headlining and sunroof, then the solitudes will be refurbished. Just replaced the fog lights.

So anyway just putting the finishing touches on it then up for grabs.

yha7edap.jpgeqygane5.jpg

Don't do it! Its never so bad you just get shot of it! Look at the first couple of pages on my members gallery if you want to see a real battered one, and I've managed to turn it round into a decent enough example. :smug:

Its not so battered now, just the painwork needs sorting, no rust I just don't have time to finish. :'(

Must be something about the Storm,

I compare mine to an ungrateful, tempremental, stuck up bitch.

But she give's a great ride!!!

So I forgive her

I compare mine to an ungrateful, tempremental, stuck up bitch.

But she give's a great ride!!!

So I forgive her

I like that statement