sexybourbon

Moooooon rooooooof

I have a mk3 golf sunroof I also have a brand new Corrado sunroof seal that I was going to use on mine till I got my breaker Interested?? let us know Lad.

Nothing like being picky but I have read a lot that the mk3 roof doesn't fit right mate , ideally I would like a passat roof or a seat Ibiza roof

I'll do some more research mate and see if I'm wrong but thanks for replying

No bother matt it look's like it was me who didn't do the homework mate (A little advice to newbies just because the person you are considering buying something off has load's of post's/good feedback etc.DO NOT TRUST THIS THERE ARE TOO MANY BUL****TTER'S ON HERE) Do your homework like Matt. No worries mate :thumbleft:

This is a great forum and it's rare to deal with anyone bad really

No worries clumps I didn't think they fitted great, I can find a moon roof but the postage is always miles more than the actual roof ! I was really hoping someone might of had one that was of to national day

So, what are the good moon roofs then? Do you need a blind fitted as well or do you just get light (and summer heat) come through constantly?

No there is a slide panel in the sunroof you can slide shut to keep the sun out if you want , I used a b4 passat unit before on my old car and that was fine , I've also looked through a load of old posts that say a seat ibiza roof from a 97plate car will fit great but I've not seen pics , also heard a seat Toledo fits but I'm not sure which years ! It's hard to find one and there is that many different models and years to choose from it can all be very confusing especially when everyone's standard of "fits great" is different

Cheers ox , i was looking last night on ebay for variouse different roofs and came across this repair part wich lists various different roofs and the years , now i know they might not all fit but it does make clear what could fit as it must be all the same part for that repair kit to fit all them models , gonna have a look in to it today

Heres the ebay number with the list of roofs

Cheers bud iv enquired with motor hog but they have replied back with a text that i cant reply to , if i find one that would be much apreciated mate thank you

For others reference, this is the moonroof that came with hennys g60

The glass roof fits the hole in the roof, but the profile of the rear edge of the glass panel does not match the curvature of the roof skin - the glass at each side sits too low

IMAG0519_zps888a6634.jpg

And the part code on the glass hatch itself - I'm not sure what model the roof came from

3f4f22e6-5e5d-4b08-b937-caa8438d1208_zpsda6b516c.jpg

Getting a courier would be easy enough, it's just the fact it's glass and wouldn't want to ruin the mech.

I don't know the exact year..? But it fits like this.

zemadyma.jpg

I can probably get a better picture tomorrow?

Yeah hull is a bit of a trek :/

Thats the **** bit mate i wouldnt want it to get damaged in transit with it being a delicate part

Looks to be a good fit though a few pics would be great if you could mate and maybe the oart number on it

I will have to get all that at the weekend as I'm working from dark till dark at the moment.

So I can take a few pictures in the light Saturday?

Possibly with enough wrapping and "fragile, don't be such a heavy handed prick" stickers on it, delivery may work

No probs sharpy that's fine , I'd consider postage but it will push up the price a lot and I haven't got 70 quid to pay on a roof

Let me see what's about and if I really struggle I'll let you know , part number would be really useful still mate

Just seen this thread.

This was mine I got from a '96 Ibiza Mk2 that someone was breaking in Sheffield for £25 :). Didn't leak and wasn't noisy either. There was a tiny bit of difference in the contour of the roof but hardly noticeable.

Photo0385.jpg

Try your local breakers, they might have one in. Probs have to remove it yourself but....

Mk2 i iza aeems to be the best fit looking at the pictures iv seen

Gonna have to go back to scrappy at weekend and have a look around again

Cheers for the pic and info mate

Cheers andy iv lookwd at that before , the seller has two but only posts the same pictures on both adds , advert says very good condition but pics show a massive wet patch or stain in the interior cover