ExR32

Rear Light Cluster Decisions!

Hi all,

I have a 91 G60, in LA5Y colour (view my profile for pics). I currently have the M3 style clear crystal/red rear lights, but Im so undecided! I know some say they are cheap looking etc. If you tint your standard lights, which I still have mine, what spray paint is best to use to achieve the all red look? Or, am I better spraying the clear part of my current 'M3' style ones to achieve look?

Opinions welcome!

Hi Tigerfish, yeh, they are the ones I really like, kinda wish I went for them over the clear/red ones but no budget at present. Looks nice though mate.

I did a spare set last weekend all red, and tbh I don't like them. The red is very bright and kind of 'candy' red, which looked very DIY imo. (Which obviously they were), but I prefer an OE look. If you decided on all red, you need to do the bottom as well or it will look even worse being odd shades.

I'm contemplating M3 style with a dark lamin-x tint myself now!

Lewvw, saw that they just looked original like the ones you can buy as standard in that smoked look he did.

Thank seanl82, kinda unsure now really, not too handy with paint and likely to then juet wash it off lol.

Hi Tigerfish, yeh, they are the ones I really like, kinda wish I went for them over the clear/red ones but no budget at present. Looks nice though mate.

Cheers.

as Lewvw said, I smoked them myself, the spray can cost something like £7 including delivery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=E-TECH+LENS+TINTING+SPRAY+SMOKE+LIGHT+TINT+LENSE+Black&_sop=15

Hi Tigerfish.

Was it a hard job? Sorry to sound 'dum' lol, but did you then spray outside? If so, how does it hold up to being cleaned?

Yeah, it was easy enough. Just do very light coats at a time as it is very thin and runs easily. Mine are not perfect, but decent enough. You can get the remover to get the stuff off again to either revert back to clears, or to do it again. No problem as far as cleaning the car goes.