seanl82

What is your malfuntion Woman!!!

glad you men make mistakes too!!! lol, im driving a car i dont know because ive given my b/f my rado to drive for the week, whilst his is having an operation at the car hospital, thats my excuse anyway and im sticking to it ha ha :smug:

& i appreciate the warm bum heated seats on these cold mornings!! hopefully my VR will be well again soon & back to being peachy

Haha I did the same with my mk4 when I first got it. I pulled up to the pump, got out and spent 5 mins trying to work it out. I even opened the boot looking for a manual release handle. This was in 2004 so well before the days of having a smartphone in your pocket to google it so I had to carry on home to find the user manual. I felt a right idiot.

I had the opposite when I got the mk6. I spent several minutes looking for a button inside the cabin until I realised you just push the flap in and it pops out again.

And a year on I still get out of the car, pick up the pump nozzle and realise I forgot to hit the flap button! Too used to the Corrado's manual flap still!

I parked as usual in the work car park in my daily and opened the boot to get my bag and coat. A female colleague had just parked her Lexus and called across to me - "has your car got a problem?" "Why" I replied. She said "You've got the bonnet open". I then had to explain the engine in a 911 is at the rear:)

hahahaha some of the stories on here are brilliant!

Fortunately, I dont have this problem as she doesnt have a license! the 3 motors are for me and me only to make mistakes with! I dread the day she gets her arse into gear and gets a license though - fingers are crossed it wont happen, cant bear the thought of letting her drive the vr!

And a year on I still get out of the car, pick up the pump nozzle and realise I forgot to hit the flap button! Too used to the Corrado's manual flap still!

It's god's way of telling you to buy another Raddo....lol

Monday night I walked in to " Do you know where my petrol cap is ?" off her indoors. She could never work the cabby petrol cap so I just left it unlocked for her, now she's left it on the roof n drove off, so she's rocking a push in temporary cap from the garage.

Women, know your limits !

What you all seem to forget is that this is a car forum where most people generally have a healthy interest in all things Cars. Believe me there are as many fella's exactly the same as the girls you mention above. A good few of my mates are really clever lads in fantastic jobs but would not know how to check their oil for example because they don't have to. I don't think this is a 'gender' specific' issue. Oops, sorry to be so serious for a mo, doh!

I work on the service desk in a main dealer (and have a decent grasp of mechanics, which is rare in this job) and this man speaks the truth. I genuinely had this the other day, old boy comes in for a service, when he collects his car he started shouting and balling that his car won't start now, so I go outside and he says "look, I put the clutch in, press start and nothing happens" at this point I made him aware he was pressing the throttle, cue 5mins of arguing which pedal is which before he left with a red face and his tail between his legs.