J_miller

2.0 8v project.

My 2.0 8v. Full jetex stainless exhaust,lowered approx 35mm,tsr tuning package A engine work.:bonk:

Oh and hello all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77367[/ATTACH]

Hey

We'll for starters I'm gonna just gonna concentrate on the cosmetics get it all tidied up ! But in the near future defiantly looking into adding a supercharger and a few other mods! Defiantly need some new wheels too lol

Think it might be worth researching before assuming that a charger is a good idea. There's a reason (or ten) that there are probably only one or two supercharged 2 litre 8v VWs of this generation in the UK.

Well for the price of a supercharger setup, you could buy a complete VR6. The charger at stage one (depending on what it is) will only bring you up to about 160bhp stage 1. - still far below that of a VR standard. If you want to go above stage 1, it starts getting even more expensive! Internals on your lump are pretty weak. Rods, pistons, bolts, cooling, management, and the building of it all will cost you thousands! Really not worth it for what it'll give you, and the most important bit - you'll still see a clean pair of heals off the lights from the majority of those wishing to give you opportunity.

Yea I understand where your coming from, I dunno what to do... I know it's not going to be cheap which ever road I go down! Thanks for your input I'm new to the whole rado/tuning scene so everything is a learning curve. Thanks

No worries mate. I had a mk3 golf with essentially the same engine a few years back, and had thoughts along the same lines as you. It's a difficult engine get any gains from tbh. My suggestion would be just to enjoy it for what it is. It'll turn more heads just from its look than by flying past people at a high rate of knots. At least you have the benefit of reasonable economy though! If you want more power later down the line, sell it and buy a VR. You'll know the common quirks (I don't like the word problems! Lol) and it'll stand you in good stead finding a good one mate. :thumbleft:

To be honest it's the power is plenty at the moment for what I use it for,it's my daily and cover about 30 miles a day? It is a very tidy car with loads of history, so I may just stick down the standard route for now!

Oh and I've only been driving 2 years so I think a vr would be a tad expensive at the moment lol

I would leave it as standard maybe different wheels to suit your taste, get rid of any rattles and squeaks and add some soundproofing. Power isn't everything, you'll have much better economy than our vr6s!

If your car is the one I think it is I have a Volkswagen driver magazine feature on the Corrado 2.0l 8V where your car and a previous owner are featured.

If you're interested Pm me your reg and if it is I'll send you a scan of the article

Edited by stuarttaylor37