Alty

Fiited a CTN gearbox help with speedo/loom ?

24y4nxu.jpg

I had and old mechanical speedo But in pre empting the gearbox change i brought a cheap set of clock which use a electronic speedo is there a individual loom that goes from the picture to where ever or was it part of an existing loom ?

Thanks Scott

Do you want to change the clocks aswell?

Why not just take the top connector part of the CTN speedo which will leave you with the standard thread for the cable drive

Well here comes the long story, I have a 1991 1.8l 16v corrado with a G60 that was poorly converted into it, So I've been picking up the pieces and getting it back to good shape! As it stands before my gearbox change i have everything working but the rev counter and MFA computer which i'm working on however i'm unsure to what clocks i should be using in the first place! So my next step was to try an different type of clocks to see if the rev counter works trying them out at the weekend?

So after ****ting the bed this morning I had enough time to plug the different clocks in quick and bingo the rev counter works along with MFA computer But indicators only signal one way but I've read something on that before... ? So back to my original question is there an individual loom for this... ?

The rev counter pick up is from the coil on early 1.8 16v cars and not from the ECU as per the G60 hence no revs.

The single direction indicator is because once again the early clocks just have an indicator on bulb whereas later ones are directional - without looking at the wiring diagrams that may well mean a lot of loom work to fix.

MFA, what part does not work?

If there is no rev counter feed it won't register information and without a speedo drive it won't either.

Having had to work most of this out when fitting my 16vG60 into a early 1.8 16v it is much easier to just run a pick up from the ignition coil to the rev counter feed and connect up the gearbox using the manual cable - it should all work then.