vr6paul

Project car limited mileage which insurer?

Hi there, are there any recommendations of which companies to contact for insuring a vr6 project on limited miles. I have another car which my no claims is used for. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm unfortunately in my mid thirties, no points, no crashes ever etc.

Thanks

No advice I'm afraid but I'm in the same position with a 16v. Was going to start making calls over the next few weeks.

I'm with HIC on a classic limited mileage policy, paying approx £250 for the year. Towards the end of the year I'm planning on buying a BMW 330ci, which I'll be applying my no claims discount to. After talking to HIC it turns out that on a classic car policy, how many years no claims you have doesn't really make much difference to the cost of the policy. So any company offering a classic car policy for a Corrado should be relatively cheap.

im with sky and they informed me if you insure both cars with them they can mirror the no claims meaning you can use it on both cars.I would assume this means you can only drive one at a time so it might be worth calling them they have always been very helpful with me thanks ross

im with sky and they informed me if you insure both cars with them they can mirror the no claims meaning you can use it on both cars.I would assume this means you can only drive one at a time so it might be worth calling them they have always been very helpful with me thanks ross

Id be impressed if you could drive both at the same time haha.

On a seriouse note , isnt footman james supposed to be very helpfull when it come to classic policy ? Id give them a try aswell

Mine is also due for renewal in April, but currently with classicline on a 4k limited policy, all the extras and they dont take ncb into consideration. I'm 31, had a non fault accident in 2012 and have 3 points, and it was £215 for the year.

Peter D James for me on a classic policy, limited to 3000 miles a year - Around £260.00 per year inc legal cover and full UK and European breakdown cover.

Ian.

Trinity Lane Classic Insurance underwritten by Adrian Flux

33 years old, 5000 miles limit, agreed value of 4000, Full UK and EU cover, 100 excess all for 133.22 a year.

Even the youngest Corrado's should qualify for classic insurance now especially if its a second car on limited mileage as you state. As mentioned above, no claims bonus usually makes little or no difference on a classic policy although it is sometime possible to mirror no claims bonus.

I could get someone to give you a bell if you like?

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for all the input folks, kdub I'm in ayrshire too and a year older so that gives me a good idea thanks ! Martin, I'm a bit off of insuring it as yet but will keep you in mind. My uncle is taking a 50/50 share so would get him on too.

Even the youngest Corrado's should qualify for classic insurance now especially if its a second car on limited mileage as you state

Cheers

Martin

Is classic insurance only for people using it as a second car ?

Could you qualify if it's limited to say 5k miles and not commuting to work.

Thanks for all the input folks, kdub I'm in ayrshire too and a year older so that gives me a good idea thanks ! Martin, I'm a bit off of insuring it as yet but will keep you in mind. My uncle is taking a 50/50 share so would get him on too.

Forgot to mention the misses is on the insurance as well.

Either way, first year was 160 ish and now at 130. Can't complain.

Whereabouts in Ayrshire Paul. I am down in Ayr my man.

In largs fella so a we bit from you. Arranging to collect the project on Sunday then the fun begins! Won't be on the road for a while but I do need to get some insurance arranged at some point. Cheers

I use Peter D James Insurance for both my VR & Nugget. Limited milage policy of 3000 per year with a 10k Agreed value is £270 and the Nugget is £180 wroth a 7k Agreed value but that is on a classic policy as it's now over 20 years old. Most C's will qualify for this now too and was told they match your existing no claims on a classic policy or don't require any full stop.

Is classic insurance only for people using it as a second car ?

Could you qualify if it's limited to say 5k miles and not commuting to work.

Does not have to be a second vehicle but it usually helps :)