8vMatt

2014 Headlight Switch Group Buy. Now Arrived!

Hi guys,

Been a little while since I've been able to do any meaningful posts. Corradoless and the Karmann Ghia has turned out to be a worse rusty wreck than anticipated!

So, after a couple of months of not being able to contact my switch company, they get back to me with an invoice for another batch of switches. Turns out they were very busy and things have calmed down to allocate me a production slot. Remember this is a major Chinese manufacturer who produce products in the thousands, so my order is a very little order for them (lots of £ for me though!).

If you are not familiar with these switches, they are a Chinese made item that has proved to be a better version than the VW item. There is loads of info about them on the forum. The only thing that needs to be stated is if you have changed your dash lights, for some reason the new switch will not light up the dash when switched on. It works the headlights fine.

Please list your name & number of switches required and I will keep you all updated on the build and delivery to me. I won't ask for any money until I have the switches in my possession. Again, for the newbies or those unfamiliar with these switches, hundreds of switches have been sold and many people can vouch for me and the effort put in by me to make this work.

I have received lots of pm's about these, I will contact these and add them to the list.

Due to increased postage costs (that I have absorbed the last year) and production costs, I need to put the price at £24 each posted.

Any questions, please ask away.

Many thanks, Matt.

Edited by 8vMatt

Fitted my switch at the weekend just gone and it works and looks good . Has a red light when off and glows green when the lights are switched on.nice one matt

Hello Matt,

I bought one of these off you in your last group buy in 2013,

and it's a great product like you say it works much better than the original VW switch,

and doesn't suffer from the extreme heat from the switch bulb as these new switches have a LED which is miles better.

I'll take two please Matt for spares.

VW RULE x2

PS, I've sent you a PM as well of the above.

Thanks Matt

Si

My headlight switch just broke a couple of minutes ago. Wondering if this group buy us going ahead any time soon? Anything I can do to help move thing along?

Hi Matt. I tried to send you a PM with my details but was advised your inbox was full. Once clear can you let me know. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the continued interest whilst I've not been around much. Work has been busy again.

I am in a position to order the switches, once ordered I will be able to advise on delivery timescales.

I'll have a look at my inbox to clear it up a bit for new messages.

Hello matt,

no worries mate thanks for the update,

give me a shout when you want payment.

Many thanks

Si

Hi guys! I'm back!

Its been a long old slog to get back posting again. I changed jobs that has consumed so much of my time I had to put this to one side and not get distracted.

I have made contact again with the manufacturers and have their details to finally make the payment to order the next batch. Once ordered, they advise me that we are looking at a rough 6 weeks production and shipping time.

I realise there have been so many delays in getting these, that I won't actively make a list up until I have them delivered.

Cheers everyone.

It's happening! Order paid for this morning, gulp! Been told it should upto 5 working days to clear the money and approx 6 weeks to arrive.

Thanks for your Patience guys!

Good morning all,

After what feels like a long wait, I have an email from the manufacturers to let me know they have now shipped my order of switches. Yay! I would expect to see them Mon/Tues next week.

So all systems go for the next batch, any newbies that are not sure about buying a switch, rest assured the feedback about them has been amazing.

Good morning all,

After what feels like a long wait, I have an email from the manufacturers to let me know they have now shipped my order of switches. Yay! I would expect to see them Mon/Tues next week.

So all systems go for the next batch, any newbies that are not sure about buying a switch, rest assured the feedback about them has been amazing.

I'll vouch for these switches

I'm no mechanic or sparky you simply pull it out unplug the wires and fit the new switch.

Mine illuminates red when fitted.easy peezy

Thanks Micky, good of you to let people know what you think of them.

I'm always amazed how quickly things get sent from China, this morning the switches have arrived at the Chinese airport. The last lot took 3 days to get to my coffee table! (box sat on my coffee table when I got in from work)

Another thumbs up for these. Had one in my VR now for a year or two and it's still perfect. An absolute no brainer part to pick up and put away for the day your old headlight switch finally breaks - because they all do! :)