Sign in to follow this  
seanoVR

VR6 vs. GTI-6 vs. Cooper S

So come on, which is gonna be quickest around a track. These are what my 2 flatmates drive, and there has always been plenty of discussions about it. I am pretty sure mine would comprehensively beat the 2 of them. They seem pretty sure that they could keep up with me.....

All are standard.

I'm the best driver...!!

If all drivers are the same standard, then my money would be on the GTI-6. Standard VRs are hopelessly under-damped.

Close run thing, on the track.

The suspension on the VR is a little soft for track use, TBH, it really shows up on the track. I mean, it's still got lots of grip, and it's very progressive when you run out of grip, but it's not going to corner anywhere near flat...

as much as id like to say the corrado i think its the mini cos of their handling but ask them which one of the 3 has the most power AND class :wink:

New suspension for me then methinks........

Does it matter? If you drive it on the roads all the time, and are happy with the handling, then leave it alone. If you want to improve it, fine. But personally I put new OE dampers on and it's made a drastic improvement compared to the tired (but perfectly functional) 110k milers I had on before.

Up to you really, but replacing it just so you might gain a few 10ths on a lap is hardly worth it, IMHO. :)

And the Haywire sales pitch......

H&Rs, Konis, Neuspeed ARBs, VibraTech bushes and engine mounts and you'll P all over the GTI-6 *and* the Mini.

Mini's have the tried and tested wheel in each corner, so have good handling by default.

The Pug just has excellent suspension period, it's what Peugeot excel at and always have.

K