Atki

Fuel delivery issues with my Vr6 corrado

Atki]

Hi all. Is there anybody out there who can advise me on my present problem with my Rado.

It has now become a lottery as to whether she will fire up or not!!! She will turn over fine but not fire up. I go to the fuel pump, remove it, bench test it ( works ). Put it back in and retry, fires up first time. Next time she might or not !! Same routine again and she purrs once again. I have noticed that the pump is not priming itself with a little wrrrrr just before I attempt to start her up. I have since tested the wiring with a meter. Goes to 12v on first turn of key. Second to start and it flips to 12v again. So people out there what do you think is wrong. Is it the relay playing up? Is it the fuel pump? or could it be the ignition barrel.

I really don't understand why removing the pump and putting back in again makes her start up again......please help

I would start the diognosis with the relay , only because you said some times you can here it priming and somtimes not . Replace the relay . If you still have problems , remove the fuel line from the rail and check for fuel whilst turning the engine over , make sure you have a jam jar ready to catch the fuel , also be careful as if you have been trying to start the car there will be pressure built up in the fuel line if fuel is present , you dont want a face full of fuel !. Also check the return fuel line for fuel . You can also remove the fuel line from the pump , get a friend to turn the key for a second to see if the fuel will spurt out , again be carefull ,you only need to crank it for a second and hold a rag close to the pump to stop it going all over the boot .Its worth replacing the fuel filter for under a tenner . As said cheapest option first change the relay .

Rob

Many thanks Rob. I'll give it a go. I have released the fuel line and had fuel spray out. Are the relays easily available or is it a visit to the VW spares dept.

Relays can be had from VW for around a tenner, or less if you search around mate. Relays, filter, and ignition switch are all pretty cheap so worth eliminating first before having to fork out for a new pump!

This is now sorted so many thanks. New issue started !!! Suspect it's the clutch master cylinder gone. Clutch pedal travel virtually zero !!! does it never end !!!