Andi

Recent server changes

Good evening, well, morning, all.

Just a little update on what I've been up to with the site over the past couple of days.

We've just moved DNS servers back to CloudFlare, who offer significant caching services and protection from nasty people.. This should be pretty transparent for you, but is a lot nicer and safer in the background. Hopefully it will reduce a little bit of strain on the server too.

Secondly - you'll notice a big Classifieds button at the top of the site.

This is the new 'panjo' Classifieds system which ties in with the forum but offers a lot more visual selling platform and the best bit - an ESCROW system if you choose to sell your item via Paypal (so the money is held until the item is delivered).

It should be a lot easier for you to add your items and a lot nicer to browse what's there.

Also, your items are mirrored onto the panjo website, so in theory, you may get more viewers...

If you have an item currently for sale in the old system, please feel free to re-submit it in the new one. Should help populate it.

After a few weeks, I will be purging all the old adverts out of the system, so be warned ;)

As ever, value your feedback.

Will the new classifieds work with tapatalk,or will we have to view via safari ?

At the moment nothing is showing up through Tapatalk

You'll be able to view posted adverts in Tapatalk, but not post new items.

They will appear in the same forums we have currently. Just auto generated by the software.

Thanks Andi for continuing to improve an already terrific site.

The Escrow system sounds very good as it gives the buyer protection that wasn't there before.

From looking on the panjo website there is a fee for the seller, but it seems a small price to pay (Forum fee + 2.9% + $0.30*) for the security you get when selling your item.

\Paddy

I have set no fee for transactions, so the only fee is from PayPal which Panjo are reiterating. When placing the advert, you can choose to pass this cost on to the buyer if you wish, so it inflates the amount they have to pay slightly.

The system is very good, actually. Impressed.

I can tell we're back at cloudfare as it's already been broken once this morning (database errors at about 9am).

That's nothing to do with CloudFlare, that was Toby filling up the root filesystem and causing some errors.. :-)

Can you take a screenshot or let me know exactly what it says?

Edit: I've just posted a test item in Parts For Sale using Firefox v29 and it all went perfectly...

Managed to post now, tried to load 3 parts but one didn't appear - Reloaded it and it then appeared twice!

Deleted one, which shows in the recent post listing, but not the replacement ad?

Any idea's?

Ian.

Just tried the new system, posting an item for sale, looks good and easy to use. Any possibility of putting a sticky post at the top of each section i.e. parts for sale etc, pointing viewers to the new classified area? Might help people become familiar and get more people viewing it :)

Thanks

If you choose New Thread it opens the new Classifieds form (and not a standard forum post) .

I might plop some stickies around to make things more obvious though.

I was really referring to people viewing the classified section, wanting to buy and making sure they are aware that there are other items available on the new system. I don't think there is any way of knowing about the items in the new system without clicking on the banner at the top of the site, correct me if I'm wrong. The new thread/classified process seemed very straight forward and simple. Thanks.

Just had another look and my item is now in the parts for sale section, problem sorted. Maybe there was some delay or something between the two interfaces. Anyway that is exactly what I was hoping for. Cheers

Was gonna say, it "echos" into the correct forum and directs them back to the Classifieds for more details.

Thought that was kinda neat.

In the last few days I've been getting an error like this.etymehy3.jpg

Only on some threads whilst using tapatalk.

Have removed and reinstalled but get the same thing.

Bit of a gremlin for me too, Andi. Tells me I have 5 threads needing approving, but when I click into it to see them, there are none which need approving. I logged out and in again but no difference... any thoughts?

Trying to find the source of the Tapatalk error. Seems a lot of forums have this after a quick Google. No obvious fix yet though.

And yes, Jim, I've got that too. Think it's an Admin only thing though from the classifieds being turned on. There will be a counter somewhere in the SQL I can reset to 0 if I can find it!

In the last few days I've been getting an error like this.etymehy3.jpg

Only on some threads whilst using tapatalk.

Have removed and reinstalled but get the same thing.

Me too

I use the free tapatalk and the paid version,I'm always deleting them and then re-installing them because I get the same error !

I use tapatalk for 3 forums,but only get the error on here,I get it on the phone and I-pad,

Thought it was just me