Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

GB - Audioscape Door Pods - update 03/08

Heya,

Is this GB still going on? I am in process of allocating my car budget, would like to know whether I can spend the money elsewhere

on the car :D

Cheers,

Rica

Sorry about the delay in posting back........ :oops: :oops:

Right, for you guys who want later style pods with the window switch incorporated audioscape would like a switch to be lent to them so they can make a mould of it for the group buy pods (just to improve on what they've got)

As soon as they have that I can go a head and order the pods up in the two different types. They are available in beige or black vinyl finish, so please PM me with you exact requirements so we don't make the wrong ones :!: :!:

Cheers guys, and sorry about the delay, had a lot on my plate, if you know what I mean!

Stu (work no. 01743 232317)

Mr Beige.

I'm rejoining this GB now if you don't mind. I know the guys at Audioscape and I'm going there to tonight to get some measurements done for a custom made bass box. He seems to think the GB is off now as the target numbers haven't been reached?

He also says there isn't an issue with the window switches, so there must be some crossed-wires (no pun intended) about that.

Whilst I'm there, does anyone want me to kick start the GB again? I'll take-over the show if you want me to Mr Beige as their premises is 10 mins from my house?

They can turn them around quite quickly so long as the numbers are met.

They are the bollox these pods, it has to be said.

lol, I sent a PM to Stu (Mr Beige) earlier today offering a window switch, he replied and it sounds like the group buy is still on.

I'll hold off sending a switch for the mo if they don't really need it. Is everyone else still up for the group buy? I can't wait to bin the std. door pockets 8) :D

Yeh,

I am still in. I want some oomph coming out at the front now that the rear speakers and woofer have been sorted :D

Cheers,

Rica

Audioscape already have the patterns for late door pods, so no need for a switch.

Ka, you will most definitely get some oomph from the front if you fit 6.5" components into these pods and for quality and clarity, look no further than the Focal Polyglas components, yum yum :lol:

Now heading down to the factory, will let mention the GB is still on......

OK, I've just got back from Audioscape and seen the production facilities and finished products for myself.

They measured my switches to ensure the template they have is correct, and it is, so we're good to go on the switch holes boys and girls.

I caught up with my old mate James who has been with Audioscape from the beginning and he'll have my pods and bass bin ready for next week :lol:

I've decided to go for a SEAS Lotus 12" sub in a custom ported box and SEAS Lotus 6.5" components as they are the absolute mutts, but not cheap :cry:

So, if you still want these pods, and you *will* when you see and touch them, we need to reestablish who's definitely in.

They've already got at least 10 sets made up, so turn around isn't an issue.

Kev

Kev,

Since you're an audiophile as well, does this mean there's going to be a 'how-to' which includes recommendations on what

to do with the tweeters? Are the tweeters powered off the front speakers? I seem to recall that there was something going on,

so that straight swap was not possible, could be me imagining things again...

I'll go searching for a thread :D

:shocked!: Ahahahh! Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1, highest price so far £325! They must think I'm made out of money!

They are midwoofers though, so I don't REALLY need them.....

... Surely not....

*sniff*

Cheers,

Rica

Yeah both wires join at the tweeter instead of the usual arrangement! Typical VW!

What I did was drop the new tweeters into the factory holders by enlarging the hole with a dremel and then run the wires down to the crossovers. The offside X-over is behind the kick panel and the nearside one is double side taped to the inner wing next to the heater fan. Then just use the standard wires for the new woofers, but reterminate the ends to suit the speakers, but keep the plugs for soldering back on if you sell the car.

The standard tweeter positioning isn't ideal but it's not bad as the sound reflects off the screen and still gives a good soundstage. Ideally they need to be in the doors angled at the driver's head and not too far away from the woofer, but I wanted a stock look, so in the dash they went!

Infinity Kappa! Nah, you want the SEAS Lotus Prolines, only £35 more and loads better.

Hi,

Does anybody know if the later style door pockets (from audioscape) fit the early door cards, cos i've got the early interior in my C but will be replacing with the later spec wen i've got some money. therefore dont want to buy the early door pockets just to replace them in 6 months.

Thanks,

The Audioscape pods are exactly the same for all Corrados. They just cut the holes out for later interior window switches if required.

Why not just get the late pods with the holes precut and just blank the holes off until you get the later interior?

K

OK......cool.

The GB doesn't seem to be going anywhere mate, so you might be better off speaking to them direct like I did. They're top blokes and will be glad to help.

K

OK......cool.

The GB doesn't seem to be going anywhere mate, so you might be better off speaking to them direct like I did. They're top blokes and will be glad to help.

K

how much are they quoting you if you just buy one set? If you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

The standard price is £175.

I'm going down there again tonight to install the crossovers and tweeters into the front, so I'll confirm the pricing. Probably as per the original quote I suspect, i.e. £175, or £135 for 10+ orders.

He's doing me a good deal on my pods as I'm buying some other stuff off him, but I was prepared to pay the £175 as I didn't want to wait around for the GB to get moving.....

The silly thing is we had 10 names and they had around 10 sets made up last time I was there.....but the interest just wained.....

K

Come on guys lets all post to say if we ARE or NOT interested in the group buy anymore, then we'll know 'where we are' ...

I'm still in at 5+ or 10+ price. There's no point in us all paying full whack later on down the line, Come on people!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am still interested but have the spent the money I put to one side for them, have to be at the 10+ price for me

Yeah I can also confirm the excellent construction quality. The finish is better than the OE plastic on the outside as it's vinyl like the door cars. And the insides of the pockets are flock sprayed as per the VW ones. You can't get any better for the price, or even double the price to be honest.

Anyone interested in speaker/pod package deals? Reason I ask is they will cut the holes to suit for you and it's less hassle and cheaper getting all of it from the same source. I'll get some prices for pods+mid-priced speakers and pods+high quality speakers.

In the meantime, if those that were / are interested could reconfirm, we'll get this moving.

K