Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

GB - Audioscape Door Pods - update 03/08

just to let you guys know i have just ordered my pods ,but couldent buy speakers as well ,£157 is enough for now.

any suggestions for speakers,they are being cut to take 142mm speakers.

cheers.

brian.

Just wondering if any of you guys that orderd the pods had to pay to get your pods cut to fit your speakers. Spoke to James earlier and he was saying its an extra £10 to have Audioscape cut the pods to fit my speakers. Thought it was all included.

Yash, can you call James and speak to him please mate.

The reason they charge a tenner is because people always say "6.5 hole" to Audioscape and of course if you cut that size, the speaker will just fall through the hole and the pods are written off. So they have to ring the speaker manufacturer and get the exact diameter and also they have to make up a new jig for the diamond cutter for each speaker brand. They've got jigs for all the speakers they sell and the cutting cost is waived when buying speakers + pods, but obviously there is cost and labour involved when making up a new jig for other brands of speakers.

I wasn't aware of this at the beginning of the GB and I can only apologise.

And to be honest, I would rather pay them a tenner to cut the hole accurately than bodge it up myself.

Gareth, yours will be sent out today but we will need to trial fit them to ensure they sit tightly against your leather properly.

Everybody else should get there's tomorrow/Sat or early next week.

The way i understood it, was if you told him what speakers they were for he would cut them for you, He's cuttin mine to right size, but am buyin speakers from them at same time,

That's how I understood it too, but he explained it to me 15 mins ago......

Sorry chaps, I didn't know......

Please speak to them directly with any grievances and they'll sort you out.....

Cheers

Thats cool, just thought he might be trying it when he said it'l be a tenner to cut the hole cos i thought it was included in the price of the pods.

He's not trying to swindle anyone, I think it's just down a lack of communication as no one knew until today! It should have been mentioned by them at the start.

Nevermind.

You'll soon forget about that tenner when you see and hear them anyway :wink:

I still can't believe how much bass you can get from the front doors now :shock:

kev, did u get any soundproofing material from James? Cos when i was speaking to him earlier he was really trying to sell me the stuff they've got, just wondering how good it is from an impartial point of view. Was contemplating the stuff from the bodyshop warehouse (as you get loads for your money and its also bitumen) but when i mentioned it to him earlier he was saying the stuff he sells is loads better and loads thicker (but then he would say that), so just wondering if you or anybody else has tried it?

Yeah i got some foam sound deadening stuff from them. I got a load of eggbox foam stuff and some thinner neoprene sheets, both self adhesive. The eggbox stuff is well expensive wholsale, about £40 for 1M square - before they even sell it on to us! The smaller pads are a quid each from them and yeah I am very happy with the stuff.

James can appear a little pushy but it's not intended. It's just that he is enthusiastic about his products and wants his customers to get the best out of them, so recommends things that would help.

Probalbly not, just give them a call and see if you can add yourself to the list, you may just have to wait a bit longer for yours...

hi chaps still havent got my pods yet,also havent bought speakers yet ,wondered what other people are fitting to there pods. has anyone put 7" subs in the pods or would it not sound anygood.any recommendationswould be great.

may go with focal 165a or next up modles from audioscape at the slight discounted prices.165a at £109 not sure on rest of prices.

can anyone get better deals than this .

cheers.

brian.

You should see your pods next week hopefully.....

You could put what ever you like in the pods, just depends what sort of sound you're after. My only advice is to make sure the door card and door internals are solid or the speakers will rattle the doors to death and sound horrible.

Today, My audioscape doorpods and focal speakers arrived, what a parcel, was like christmas all over again. But better as i got what i wanted.

I cant belive the quality of this door pod, i'm well impressed. only thing slightly dissapointing was the holes for my new speakers wearnt cut at the same time. Which he promised too do, if i bought some speakers from them.

But thats minor, Cant wait too get them in.

Thanks to kev and mr beige for this one. :D

Gareth, if you wanna pop down to Ipswich we can take them down for cutting. Not sure why they missed that out. We also may need to do a bit of sculpting to make sure they fit your leather tightly.

K