Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

getting the steering wheel 'straight'

I've just had my tracking sorted, and to quote the guy in Tyrespot "it was a bloody MILE out mate" :oops: anyway, the car feels substantially better now, its lightened up the steering no-end! The only problem i've got is that when the steering wheel is horizontal, the wheels are actually going slightly to the right, so to drive in a straight line the steering wheel needs to be turned to the left slightly. Its something i can get used to if i have to but i'd really reather it was right!

How do I adjust the wheel? is it a case of undoing the bolt, lining it up then doing the bolt up again or is there more too it?

cheers.

yup, undo the 24mm bolt, and pull the wheel off, then turn it slightly and plonk it back on again... 8)

If you still can't get it on straight, then you need to have it adjusted via the tracking, which is annoying 'cos you've just had the tracking done... :|

Yeah my wheel was pointing 15 degrees to the left at the dead-ahead after tracking and it's now dead square again after adjusting it.

There *should* be enough splines on the boss to get it straight again.

K

When they adjusted the tracking in the first place, they should have clamped the steering wheel in the dead-ahead position, which would have resolved this before it became an issue anyway!!

well they did put something on the steering wheel which i thought was for that purpose, but i wasnt sure! nevermind, if i can adjust it myself then alls well. if not do you recon i'd be within my rights to go back?

-edit-

Done it 8) how easy was that?