dantiel

carpit cleaner on seats

got ultraviolet seats wanted to clean them with a carpet clearner (with hand tool) was thinking of useing some kind of fabric/clothes liquid is some thing like non bio more kinder to the fabric , might have to ask me mum ha ha she wash matchine user :o

Use a specific automotive upholstery cleaner I can recommend Meguiar's it is very good though you would be better using it alongside a wet vac.

Use a specific automotive upholstery cleaner I can recommend Meguiar's it is very good though you would be better using it alongside a wet vac.

I can vouch for the Meg's stuff. It worked a treat on my old Fabia's white seats.

I can vouch for the Meg's stuff. It worked a treat on my old Fabia's white seats.

OHH the dreaded white seats of the VRS what were Skoda thinking about:bonk: I see you now have the SE which of course benefit's from the leather I had one myself great car's just not good at trying to spin itself at every opportunity (mainly in the wet or on roundabout's).

is the meguirs stuff a spray or an additive to put in wet vac. think i be of to that halfords im sure they have it and be the only place open over easter

is the meguirs stuff a spray or an additive to put in wet vac. think i be of to that halfords im sure they have it and be the only place open over easter

It comes undiluted you dilute it according to what you require it can be used in a spray or in a wet vac depending how grubby the seats are you may be better using it both ways a good spray and scrub with an upholstery sponge do not use a brush especially on "ultraviolet's" if you don't have one a microfibre is fine just don't use a brush then if you have one use the wet vac this will suck out any dirt along with the cleaner.It may take a couple of go's be patient it's not a job to do in a rush if you want it right :thumbleft:

It comes undiluted you dilute it according to what you require it can be used in a spray or in a wet vac depending how grubby the seats are you may be better using it both ways a good spray and scrub with an upholstery sponge do not use a brush especially on "ultraviolet's" if you don't have one a microfibre is fine just don't use a brush then if you have one use the wet vac this will suck out any dirt along with the cleaner.It may take a couple of go's be patient it's not a job to do in a rush if you want it right :thumbleft:

sound . that be the stuff i need then . its ok ive got all day to clean it. isnt the saying treat her like a lady slow and jentle :cheers:

sound . that be the stuff i need then . its ok ive got all day to clean it. isnt the saying treat her like a lady slow and jentle :cheers:

It's the fact you mentioned the word "ultraviolet" they are sought after and worth taking care of :)

oh yeh i know ultraviolet can be sought after thats why asked whats best/non harmfull to fabric . ive done part of different seats before where me kids splilt god knows what on them,just need to be kind to these seat as to what to clean with:thumbleft:

Specific upholstery brushes will be fine, or a shoe polishing brush which is absolutely the exact same thing, can be had for a quid in your local supermarket! As long as the bristles are soft, it'll be fine giving em a light scrub.

thanks didnt need a brush in the end just diluted carpit cleaner was enough think they come up ok to be fair they not dirty just a fresh up , next up be the carpits there migin.

Prochem Crystal Green provides excellent results on carpets and upholstery. One tub will last you more than long enough as it is quite concentrated. I use it in a Numatic George.

Cant comment about the Meg's stuff....but I used this on my Golf Recaro's, they were covered in mould and filthy after being sat a while, spray it on, leave a few mins, use the cap/brush to rub it in, leave a few more mins, hoover off. used on seats, carpet, door cards, plastics, pretty much used it on the whole interior of my Golf...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_190214_langId_-1_categoryId_255236#tab1

Cant comment about the Meg's stuff....but I used this on my Golf Recaro's, they were covered in mould and filthy after being sat a while, spray it on, leave a few mins, use the cap/brush to rub it in, leave a few more mins, hoover off. used on seats, carpet, door cards, plastics, pretty much used it on the whole interior of my Golf...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_190214_langId_-1_categoryId_255236#tab1

looks bit naf sorry dont mean to be roude ,but for what it cost be worth a go on me headline got bloody gruby hand marks ,bit of a pain to do with wet vac .aculey me work van is a piggin mess might give it a go on that first:thumbleft: