Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

I bought a VR6!

I've been searching for ages, but I finally found one! :)

Its a P-reg black VR6 with grey leather interior. 68K on the clock. Koni coilovers (fitted by TSR) and dropped about 30mm. It was in mint condition, inside and out, in fact it was hard to find faults (or they were just very well hidden, but I'd rather not think about that...)

I'm picking it up when the cheque's cleared, probably end of this coming week. I'm feeling a bit ill... (I always feel ill after spending lots of money.) But definitely excited!!

~Matt.

P Reg!

Well thats about as late as it gets - congratulations - I think I speak for a few of us here when I say i'm looking forward to seeing some piccies :D

Sounds lovely, but:

useless.gif

;) 8)

Congratulations...

I can't wait to see pics of it... :)

£7,400... The guy looked like the type who drove a hard bargin, and he did.

He threw in some little extras though: a complete set of badges, unused interior mats (Corrado ones), replacement pedal rubbers, side repeaters, and a wing mirror, all in addition to the ones already on the car. I'm sure they must be worth a small amount in themselves?

~Matt.

Oh! Wait wait!... I forgot, he also threw in a set of 17" BK alloys but they were really, really rough. I didn't want them but my friend said he buy them off me, so it worked out well.

£7,400... The guy looked like the type who drove a hard bargin, and he did..

Seems to be around the going ratefor good ones!

What car have you got at the moment ? Bet you can't wait to get your hands on the VR 8) Hope you've got a load of cash left over for Optimax! Hmmm, I think i'll take the long route home :wink:

I've got a Mk2 Golf Driver right now, so the VR is going to be reeeeeeallly nice to drive home!! I can't wait! Its a good two hour run too... (Well, it was two hours in the Golf at least :) I'm sure I can beat that!)

As for buying Optimax, well I think I'll be living on my credit card for the next month!

~Matt.

sorry to barge in but im getting my VR soon and is there any specific type of petrol i should be using?

sorry to barge in but im getting my VR soon and is there any specific type of petrol i should be using?

As the guys above have been saying, Optimax is the best fuel for the VR6, or any Corrado for that matter. Like rocket fuel, only more expensive :mad:

I saw this car on Autotrader. Sounds superb. Even thought about selling my Storm for this one! Im not surprised its been snapped up. Registered in october ''96 it is claimed to be the last Corrado registered. Well done 8) . A very good buy me thinks.

Registered in october ''96 it is claimed to be the last Corrado registered.

Blimey! Production of Corrado ended in July 1995!! :shock:

Actually, a quick look at the V5 document says it was registered on the 1st Nov, '96! That's almost 97!! Sort of...

Does anyone have an idea of how many P-reg Corrado's are out there?

~Matt.

Should be fun going from a Driver to that beast!! Take it easy on the drive back.

Only a handful, this is about the 5th one I've ever heard of, and those have all been VR6s including a couple of storms.

Can't wait to see the pics, she sounds a beaut :-P 8)

Only a handful, this is about the 5th one I've ever heard of, and those have all been VR6s including a couple of storms.

There's a red one I've seen a few times on the way to work that lives somewhere North Liverpool/Crosby - P***HKA - not a VR6 though - could be 8v/16v ???

Optimax was 99.9p a litre round our way today thanks to the Saudi trouble.

I think I will have to call it a day and use Tesco's own unleaded with treacle and grit additives.... :( :( :(