dazzyvr6

Car Insurance contacts

Thought id update my renewal experience. i work in insurance so id consider myself quite clued up with it all and comparison sites aren't an option for me due to age and mods etc so i called the below.

All details were based on 5 years ncb, 25 years old, car is on drive, one sp30 in 2006, one last month in 2011. No claims, 5000 miles, car vaue £4000. 1995 VR6 mods are coilovers, wheels, bmc, miltek exhaust and 6 branch

Adrian Flux (HIC same company) renewal £652 Renewal hotline (08448888706) reduced this to £500 afer some discussion

A-plan i emailed but they never got back to me!

Brentacre T 01792 650933 £619

Chris Knott T 08445760660 £1200!

Greenlight 01277 263030 (although they dont do new quotes over the phone, you must complete an online form first then discuss on the above number) £428

Footman James (classic policy) 0843 3571908 £480, haggled down to £389!

All prices are a one off payment. i needed finance of monthly installments. Greenlight were very helpful but advised that was the best offer. this didnt include NCB protection either. this was an additional £30

Footman James were great, although i would have liked the lower price to begin with but the chap did say call us if i receive anything lower. They also have the lowest apr over a deposit and then 3 installments totalling £399.59 for the year. They also throw in the most extras, breakdown assistance etc, legal and cover in europe and had the lowest xs of £250 a/d, windscreen £50.

**BE WARNED ** being a classic policy they dont use your NCB so it doesnt need to be protected which is fine as if i have a fault claim i can't loose it either. BUT as its not in use i dont gain any and after 2/3 years some insurance companies dont accept it.

Adrain flux have advised me they will hold my NCB on record for 3 years. if i dont use it on a policy with in this period it gets lost you start again!! so the maximum i can really stay with Footman James is 2 years!

Hope this has been helpful. i work in Household claims but if anyone wants any help about insurance let me know :)

Hope this has been helpful. i work in Household claims but if anyone wants any help about insurance let me know :)

This has been helpful, thanks. My renewal has just come through and its gone up £40 despite me staying out of trouble.

I'll be trying Greenlight as a few people have had decent quotes recently.

no mention of performance direct on the list . I am with them for the third year out of four years of ownership. was with adrian flux for the first year . performance direct have always come up with a good policy and a very low price compared to all the others . regards rob

Thought id update my renewal experience. i work in insurance so id consider myself quite clued up with it all and comparison sites aren't an option for me due to age and mods etc so i called the below.

All details were based on 5 years ncb, 25 years old, car is on drive, one sp30 in 2006, one last month in 2011. No claims, 5000 miles, car vaue £4000. 1995 VR6 mods are coilovers, wheels, bmc, miltek exhaust and 6 branch

Adrian Flux (HIC same company) renewal £652 Renewal hotline (08448888706) reduced this to £500 afer some discussion

A-plan i emailed but they never got back to me!

Brentacre T 01792 650933 £619

Chris Knott T 08445760660 £1200!

Greenlight 01277 263030 (although they dont do new quotes over the phone, you must complete an online form first then discuss on the above number) £428

Footman James (classic policy) 0843 3571908 £480, haggled down to £389!

All prices are a one off payment. i needed finance of monthly installments. Greenlight were very helpful but advised that was the best offer. this didnt include NCB protection either. this was an additional £30

Footman James were great, although i would have liked the lower price to begin with but the chap did say call us if i receive anything lower. They also have the lowest apr over a deposit and then 3 installments totalling £399.59 for the year. They also throw in the most extras, breakdown assistance etc, legal and cover in europe and had the lowest xs of £250 a/d, windscreen £50.

**BE WARNED ** being a classic policy they dont use your NCB so it doesnt need to be protected which is fine as if i have a fault claim i can't loose it either. BUT as its not in use i dont gain any and after 2/3 years some insurance companies dont accept it.

Adrain flux have advised me they will hold my NCB on record for 3 years. if i dont use it on a policy with in this period it gets lost you start again!! so the maximum i can really stay with Footman James is 2 years!

Tired all of them and didnt really rate any premium wise and none were willing to match the price HIC gave me. I was with Brentacre last year and its nice to deal with a small broker like that :)

I also work in insurance but its household sales and service and pet insurance....mainly household service, but if anyone wants help let me know too :)

I renewed my insurance the beginning of May. I was (and still am) with Greenlight insurance who quoted me £428 one payment. I went with Greenlight because HICs renewal last year was £800 odd!!!

BUT i thought id see what HIC could offer me this year and again it was double that of Greenlight. THough the lad went away and said his manager authorised me to be able to go on some sort of 'special' policy which only the manager can allow (??) he got it down to £500 odd. Both these prices were before the interest for paying over the months, so im paying just over what HICs one off payment would be.

All seems daft as HIC was great for me for a couple of years, but now they just cant or wont beat Greenlight. The only difference is im not getting an agreed valuation. Not sure what either are like to claim through.

OH and thats 6 Years NCB and no points or claims.

im shocked at some of your quotes im 30 with 6 points and struggling to even find a company that will insure a corrado for under 2000... so im looking at getting a traders insurance.. anyone got any ideas?

Just tried 'First Alterative' as AdamB above said how cheap it was, did it online and refused apparently because of the registration date of my G60, (01/10/92)

Strange.

i called chris knott for insurance on my golf and they beat every quote i had already got by a tenner i wouldnt use adrian flux even if they were the cheapest they neglect to tell you that if you need to transfer the policy or need to cancel it you still get stung! i will be going to chris knott for my C policy too as they promise to besat any other quote cant quite understand how policies are soo high tho :(

I have been quoted less than £200 by Royal and Sun Alliance!

but it has to be garaged between 10pm and 6am, which is fine for me but not everyone.

to be honest i'd never heard of these but someone made some enquiries on my behalf, the excess is also very low.

Just insured my K Reg 16 valver with Classicline Insurance. Limited to 3k pa only £120 (inc roadside) excess is expensive at £400 though.