Mr_Rossy

Corrado MPG - All smiles from me

My brakes are binding at the mo im sure and I have old tyres that have been stood for a while and I got 34 on way back from Plymouth picking it up.... and that was bank holiday cornish holiday traffic too.... 7 hours back to Tamworth!!!!

My brakes are binding at the mo im sure and I have old tyres that have been stood for a while and I got 34 on way back from Plymouth picking it up.... and that was bank holiday cornish holiday traffic too.... 7 hours back to Tamworth!!!!

I took 8.5 hours from Mousehole to Swindon on Easter Monday, normally I wouldn't have travelled at that time of the day but a mate had a plane to catch .... he missed it

But an Evo is 1.5 times more Chav than a VR6 :lol:

And about 5 times better car. Sorry Kev but personal opinions shouldn't be questioned.

Corrado is a great car but Evo 6 is better for me. I love both. They are different and unlikely comparable to each other.

2.0 16v with standard ecu ,24 mpg local and 30 mpg max on a run

Same car with chipped ecu ,26 mpg local and 32 mpg on a run (145 bhp)

Audi A4 1.9tdi avant remapped to 160 bhp 47 mpg local and 60 mpg on a run

Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport remapped to 180 bhp 45 mpg local and 58 mpg on a run.

Scary bit is both the Audis are much faster than the corrado off the mark and engine wise much nicer to drive.

Looks and handling the Corrado aces them, my retirement project is going to be either a skoda fabia vrs or polo 130 tdi engine conversion into the corrado, add a remap, larger intercooler and upgraded turbo 190 bhp plus should be possible

Yep - on a long run though... I've calculated it manually too as the MFA under-reads slightly - reckon I could get over 65 if I stopped putting my foot to the floor when the road's clear in front of me!

On average on short journeys to work and back I get around 55MPG but you have to remember most MK4 Golf TDI's will do 50 minimum and the Corrado is lighter... 6 Speed box is superb also :-)

Do you have a build thread? I have looked previously but failed to find it:(