jonnyattwood

R32 engine, Corrado bay! Radiator issues!!

Right it's about time I looked at this and don't hold it off any longer I'm having problems with the dipstick hitting the radiator when it's under load and it's made a little hole now! On further investigation it looks like the whole engine is far to close for comfort so can anybody point me in the direction of a sufficient radiator that ideally will fit underneath the top of the slam panel

Thank you in advance

Edited by jonnyattwood
Missed photos

Think that's pretty standard with a r32 in a Corrado. The rad is correctly sited, maybe a new/solid front mount to stop the engine rocking so much under load would be a good bet. I'm sure someone who has/had the conversion will be able to give a definitive answer though.

Yeah, there is definitley enough room to get the standard fans in on the 2.8 24v. Not sure how much difference there is between the 2.8 and 3.2 but I know there is a bit of a difference in size between inlet manifolds. That radiator may be sat on the wrong studs?

In fact you can see it isn't fitted correctly as the radiator top mounts aren't poking through the slam panel. It's about 2 inches too far rearwards.

In fact you can see it isn't fitted correctly as the radiator top mounts aren't poking through the slam panel. It's about 2 inches too far rearwards.

Well spotted that man!

It does look a little close there are pic's in my thread of my engine bay