Grum21

G60 down pipe

Hi am after some advice, the exhaust on my corrado g60 sounds really loud, badly loud!!

I fort it was the exhaust system even though it has 3 boxes in the system!!

So fort I would buy another system to try, I got a magnex cat back system but it sounds no different!!

Could it be the down pipe?

How's best way to check?

And where's best place to get replacement down pipe?

I've googled down pipes but not getting a clear answers or a correct replacement,

My corrado is a '92 model g60

Thanks

im not sure you can get an original down pipe from VW anymore ?

it could be that the manifold has a crack in it? also is it standard because a Stainless Steel one WILL be louder than std

mine is fairly loud aswell and its a 3 box system with decat but again stainless steel will be louder than std as they all have a larger bore ect

its quite hard to check but I've seen an old method of getting the car totally out the wind and getting a piece of paper behind the block while its running to check for any leaks ?

If it was me I'd start by checking the flexi section of the downpipe, as mentioned above try to see if you can feel any air escaping from the back of the engine around the exhaust manifold, careful not to burn yourself or start a fire though lol

I would get it on a lift and check the flexi while the engine is running, if it is leaking enough to make it so much louder then it shouldn't be too hard to find really.

Dust around the back of the engine and exhaust with talc then watch as someone starts it is one method. Another is to add some redex via a vacuum hose while the engine is running. Lots of white smoke will appear from any leaks. Not to mention the tailpipe.

Thanks for the advice

Have ordered a new down pipe as I noticed there seemed be a lot movement on old one, I no there wil be some movement due to flex pipe piece but felt there was to much so wil fit that see if helps then wil test got cracks in manifold.

Thanks again