SamG40

Another PH Corrado article

Anyone noticed on Pistonheads that there are only 6 Corrados for sale? There always used to be a few pages of them, maybe they are starting to get more rare....

Yeah I have noticed this. It's relatively recently that numbers have really dropped off though. Even less than 2 years ago there were probably two dozen at a time. EBay seems pretty consistent though, but there's generally very low priced cars, or very high priced ones. I think those in the middle are beginning to really thin out now. Either they are on the verge of, or fit for the scrappy, or they are well cared for low mileage examples.

I think fewer people are using pistonheads, due to the extortionate advert charges.

eBay, Car & Classic, and surprisingly Autotrader all seem better for Corrados these days.

I have used Pistonheads to buy and sell various non-mainstream cars, including Corrado's. However, there has been a definite drop off. I remember not too many years ago seeing 30-50 Corrado's in search results! Long standing members get free adverts, so there are still some really good cars on there, but I definitely wouldn't pay the fees to use Ph.

I have bought my last two Corrado's through the Forum/Owners Club though. Unsurprisngly, thats where the best low mileage original cars seem to be advertised first these days.The occasional minter pops up on eBay, but its not the ideal way to buy for me.

Too much chaff on eBay, advertised as mint but far from it. eBay is great to "roll of the dice" bargain bangers. Like the 728i I bought for £500! (Tax and MOT!)

Good stuff tends to be on owners clubs but prices are firm as most people know when they have a good one.

Auto trader is good for those hidden gems, husband dies and minute left in the garage for 10 years gets put on there by the wife or a friend :)

It's always good to get the publicity in Pistonheads. Just need a Corrado to be a PH hero and then we will be on to winner. At last I feel comfortable in thinking what I paid for my Corrado back in 2009 is what I would get for it today:)

Anyone noticed on Pistonheads that there are only 6 Corrados for sale? There always used to be a few pages of them, maybe they are starting to get more rare....

2-3yrs ago there were usually about 100 on there, i still look on there and ebay for corrados and if your trying to buy a decent VR, then there isn't much choice at all these days.

If all 246 people who've viewed this thread got on Pistonheads and gave their view of the VR6, then I think it may significantly firm up our cars values!!

Saw the article, was reminded that the VR6 Corrado is a hero car of mine.. bought the one in the feature! Whether I go on to regret it remains to be seen, but so far I'm quite chuffed!:thumbleft:

Congratulations. :) And welcome to the club.

These are great cars.

Ta! Now just need to find my noob intro post that is still awaiting moderation! :scratch:

Saw the article, was reminded that the VR6 Corrado is a hero car of mine.. bought the one in the feature! Whether I go on to regret it remains to be seen, but so far I'm quite chuffed!:thumbleft:

Congrats! I quite fancied a second one in blue but the lottery draw didn't comply dammit!

I've learnt a lot from this forum already so you're in the right place :-)

Enjoy your new car :thumbleft:

Congrats! I quite fancied a second one in blue but the lottery draw didn't comply dammit!

I've learnt a lot from this forum already so you're in the right place :-)

Enjoy your new car :thumbleft:

Ta! :salute:

Love the link to the auto express article in your sig.. mate of mine has an SZ.. just need to find someone with a Z1 and we could recreate the shoot on my mate's drive! :)

Ta! :salute:

Love the link to the auto express article in your sig.. mate of mine has an SZ.. just need to find someone with a Z1 and we could recreate the shoot on my mate's drive! :)

80's cars FTW! That SZ is about the only thing that could turn my head over my Corrado. When the C hits the 80k milage mark I'll be aiming to retire her as a second car, hopefully to a Alfa 159. It's the headlights that get me I think ;) still not a patch on the SZ though.

Edited by DPS

Lovely car exterior wise triple headlight's are awesome,interior wise it's a bit of a dog's dinner with 70's esque woody allen cast off seats in there but then you can't have it all i suppose.

Lovely car exterior wise triple headlight's are awesome,interior wise it's a bit of a dog's dinner with 70's esque woody allen cast off seats in there but then you can't have it all i suppose.

You're spot on there. Some walnut wouldn't look out of place either :D.

I still like it though :o

You're spot on there. Some walnut wouldn't look out of place either :D.

I still like it though :o

Here's my mate's (with my VX220 that I've just sold) on the way back from picking it up..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78633[/ATTACH]

^^^ it looks like a monster next to the VX :D

My driveway would look perfect with one parked next to my Flash Red VR ;)

^^^ it looks like a monster next to the VX :D

My driveway would look perfect with one parked next to my Flash Red VR ;)

Showed off the 'rado to him today and the SZ was on the drive.. was tempted to take a snap of the both together but couldn't park close enough!