j_s14a

Any regulars fitted a second hand Diavia aircon system into their Corrado?

I'm tempted to try and transplant the air con from my 16v into my VR6, but don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Have any regulars retrofitted this to their cars? And if so, would you mind giving me a breif rundown of what you did, and how long it took?

My issue is that my VR6 is my daily, so don't really want it off the road for long.

Cheers. :)

The only thing I would be concerned about is how the pipework gets into the heater box. When I fitted the later mk4 stuff, I had to cut another hole in the bulkhead. Not sure if this needs doing with the davia stuff?

The only thing I would be concerned about is how the pipework gets into the heater box. When I fitted the later mk4 stuff, I had to cut another hole in the bulkhead. Not sure if this needs doing with the davia stuff?

Exactly my concern.

I gather. But I can Tackle it in bits, the critical part is getting all the interior stuff done quickly while the dash is out. And I have no idea of the layout at the moment.

if you want to go through that process, why not fit climatronic instead? Just a thought.

I've removed a system before, not that hard to do. Fit the compressor to the aux belt area, the extra rad bolts onto existing rad along with another canister bit, then the pipework runs through the bulkhead to the heater box/fan area, and a switch needs fitting to the dashboard.

if you want to go through that process, why not fit climatronic instead? Just a thought.

I've already got all the aircon parts from a 16v, and would also rather keep it original-ish.