slim_crx

head gasket g60

So yeah just fitted headgasket to the rado after it was pressurising the water, got head pressure tested and skimmed, all new parts and its still pressurising it, even worse than before, decided to change the water pump and thermostat, still spitting water out the expansion tank, even took the radiator out and it doesn't look blocked or anything, anyone any ideas, do I have to take head off again, cud the block be warped or can anything else make it go like that

Thanks Philip

Sadly that doesn't sound good. Possibly a warped or even cracked block if the heads been pressure tested and deemed fine. Have you checked the coolant for the presence of hydrocarbons?

I know, was thinking that, fearing the worst now! Blocks had alotta work and theres forged pistons in her! Em no how do I check for that and what should I expect to find

Thanks

You an buy a cheap sniff tester whick takes a sample f the coolant. Is it actually bubbling out when you rev it from cold or does the issue arise only when up to temp. The reason I ask is that a cracked block may be more apparent when cold before thermal expansion begins to tighten things up.

It starts doin it when its warm, yesterday when I'd all built up I left it running with the cap off, was fine then put the cap on for a couple ov minutes, it started to harden the pipes so I took it back off and movedthe car outside andthats when it started to spit water out and then take big gulps ov water, the way the pipes were moving it did look like there was a blockage but really cant see anything