Sign in to follow this  
Blue MK2

Corrado price question

Hi im a new-be

Im looking to buy a corrado 16v within the next month or so. (turn 19 at end of June)

I currently drive a mk2 golf GTi and the insurance is high so im still in two minds to buy one :roll:

Can someone tell me how much i should expect to pay for a decent 16v corrado (mint) and what insurance group they fit into?

My budget is £2200 for one.

Cheers,

Blue :)

Hi Blue.. :)

You should be able to get a reasonable 16v for that. Insurance groups are generally higher than the Golf GTis though, so your insurance will go up.

I can't remember what group the 16v falls into, someone else will surely be able to help you though.

As far as I remember, it goes a bit like this... 8)

1.8 16V = group 16 or 17 depending on insurance company

2.0 8V = group 15 or 16 depending on insurance company

2.0 16V = group 16 or 17 depending on insurance company

G60 = 17 or 18 depending on insurance company

VR6 =18

storm = 19 (Never have understood that bit seeing as it's just a VR6 with a few badges! :roll: )

*edited to add group 15 in for 8V - Cheers Phat...*

i.e. amazingly high groupings, considering the performance on offer!!

Madness, isn't it?

Get an insurance quote first. You could be in for quite a shock depending on where you live and points etc.

I got my C when I was 20 and it was only an extra £200 more to insure than my Mk1 GTi.

There's loads of threads on here bout decent insurance companies. I'm with Perfomance Direct at the min and they're pretty good.

I'm 26, 8yrs no claims on a VR6 Storm, North London, Elephant only want £650 fully comp! Bloody good in my opinion.

I was paying £300 last year on a mk2 8v GTI, that was only TPFT, so I reckon the jump in performance is well worth it.

24yrs old.

3 year no claims.

hove.

1991 1.8 16v

£780 fully comp.

Elephant.co.uk

I thought pretty good, especially since some people wouldnt even insure me since i wasnt 25!

Ok, so it's possible, but the last thing we want is yet another thread saying how much everyone pays for insurance!! ;)

But realistically, unless you work hard, insuring a C is going to cost more than insuring a GTi.

Ok, so it's possible, but the last thing we want is yet another thread saying how much everyone pays for insurance!! ;)

But realistically, unless you work hard, insuring a C is going to cost more than insuring a GTi.

Pah - beat me to it! :D

Get an insurance quote first. You could be in for quite a shock depending on where you live and points etc.

Ive already paid for the shock on my GTi at 17 :shock: so im quite prepared this time around. :lol:

blue the company you use will play a big part. ring around is your best bet. my mate changed from a h reg mk2 gti to a h reg 16v corry and his insurance only went up about £70 if i remember right. this was 2 years ago but he was only 19 or 20 at the time

i am an ol git at 35 £260 fully comp on corrado 16v and £440 fully comp on the R 32. both with elephant.

storm = 19 (Never have understood that bit seeing as it's just a VR6 with a few badges! :roll: )

Probably because there are fewer numbers of them and therefore harder to replace, aswell as being more desirable than the normal VR. In other words more attractive to theives.

Anything like that automatically earns a higher insurance rating!

alrite guys/girls.

Got my eye on a work mates G60. its dark royal blue-ish with 17's and lowered.

It looks well kept but duno about millage or history yet. How much would one of these bad boys go for?

Superchargers.... when do they need sorting? every....???

sorry about all the questions just doing my bit before I go out and buy.

Thanx for the reply's peeps.

Sat...(Blue)

alrite guys/girls.

Got my eye on a work mates G60. its dark royal blue-ish with 17's and lowered.

It looks well kept but duno about millage or history yet. How much would one of these bad boys go for?

Superchargers.... when do they need sorting? every....???

sorry about all the questions just doing my bit before I go out and buy.

Thanx for the reply's peeps.

Sat...(Blue)

well cast yer eyes in this direction and ye shall find a quite good Corrado buying guide :wink: http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5124