unomatt

Interior stripped, anything I should do?

Afternoon all, just spent the afternoon removing the interior from my rado (seats, carpets, door cards). Mainly done it to check the wiring to the passenger window as it is kaput. Whilst stripped, are there any suggestions of things I should do? I was considering cavity waxing the sills and rear wings and fitting remote central locking, anything else worthwhile whilst I'm at it?

Buy some sheet felt and line any joints between plastic panels with it.

Also check for pound coins ;)

Dynamat the doors , will stop them rattling about when your music is on

As said id wash or wetvac the carpets and hand them to dry that way you wont have damp smelly carpets

Dynamat or use lead flashing on the floor for sound deadening and maybe put some new underlay under the carpets.

Maybe fit one of those short shifts from Dave16, and through clean of the carpets.

Wouldnt led flashing be really heavy compared to dynamat ? I know dynamat is a bit weighty but surely led is heavier ?

Not sure really never compared the 2, I guess it all comes down to how you are going to be using. i.e. sprinter/cruiser or for an ICE install.

Does the tape have any effect? Much cheaper option! Glass bottomed Corrado you say...could be interesting...

forget the tape, rip out the sound deadening, one recaro and a roll cage later

Does the tape have any effect? Much cheaper option! Glass bottomed Corrado you say...could be interesting...

It does make it slightly quieter gives a more of a quality feel inside, I put it inside the doors as well which helped loads and made a nice thud when closing the doors.

You can hear the sound of the doors change, when you tap it with and without the tape.

I used some of this when i firts started on soundproffing my car. tbh, i wouldnt because it doesnt have the heat stability of the 'proper' stuff. And if your car is dark (like mine) in the summer it tends to slide down the door panls slightly giving off a slight bituminous smell.

I used Damplifier which i found to be excellent. Also, you dont need to cover panels completely which will just cost a lot This is just a vibration damper so you can get away with covering maybe 40% of a door skin in the middle to achieve optimum results. In fact I've got almost 15 long sheets still unused which I'll be selling on soon as i also bought loads with the intention of covering the whole car!

Let me know a price on the damplifier, I may have some off you. Do you think it would be ok on the floor/under rear seats too? Or would the ebay one be ok seeing as it shouldn't get too warm