loepan

2015 worthersee roll call

ok

we've seen the pictures, we've watched the videos, we've dribbled over the live feeds, always talked about going never got around to it?

worthersee 2015 roll call

Facebook page with info and vids

https://www.facebook.com/events/322217717929911/

ripped from the fb page for those who are not on it:

basic info:

worthersee is a lake in Austria with the main meet areas being velden, Reifnitz and faker see.

people usually gather a week before the actual official show and attend various meets and gatherings, a lot of people bring pop up chairs and line the streets watching the various cars parade up and down the road whilst enjoying a beer in the sun all being well and The Shell petrol station at Selpritsch is always an iconic photo/meet area, trips on the lake, water sports and other indulgences are available, this is Austria and the scenery is spectacular.

the actual show is 13-16th of may, but its a known fact that all the excitment starts the week before the actual event with meets parties and general shenanigans happening all over the lake, all the main companies from the vag world sponsor this event and usually use it to show off new products and concept cars etc

but its not just the event in Austria that draws people year on year, it is how you get there, something about driving your vehicle across belguim, Germany, France, and Austria route dependent of course (and to be decided) with your fellow compadre's, appeals to the car enthusiast.

driving highlights, for the brave?

take in the nurburgring ( or watch just as fun) on the way down or on the way back, 5km tunnels through mountain terrain!! for those with a sweet engine tone and of course the autobahn, there is the Porsche auto museum, the famous alpine roller coaster also for the brave and many others

dates and lengths are open for discussion as are hotels, information from people who have been before would be greatly appreciated

I will post a few vids of this on here so people have a rough idea of the event, but its advisable to do some research

having spoken and looked on a few forums a rough price range for 8/9 day trip would be around 1000-1500 that includes petrol, hotels and ferries/tunnel with spending money included

(only off what I've read)

maybe double up and get a fellow person as a second driver?

but if we start this off now, get something organised and booked and partly paid for it won't feel so heavy on the wallets come may 2015 ;-)

alpine single cart roller coaster

klub orly vid/ previously posted and a member of the forum but reposted because its just that good

one of the week before 'meets' great shots of the actual size of meets

everyones welcome would be great to get organised and do a convoy in places or/and meet up

looking at doing the full week before the actual week of the show rough dates 2nd may- 10th may give or take a day

so who's in??

Was talking to the missus about going to this next year and she seemed happy as long as she could fly and meet us there, which I fine as I'll bring a mate as co pilot.

So assuming I can get a pass I'd definitely be up for it.

Been meaning to go for years. I'd be interested, but would probably have a better idea later in the year

I'm interested, will look more into it over the summer! My wife has gone so I can't have her being the only one!

I've not been for a few years, but have been 3? 4? times before!

This year dates were Wed 28th - Sat 31st.

I have friends who went 18th - 23rd who saw the best of everything,

Others who went 22nd - 30th and felt they'd left it too late.

The longest i've ever stayed is leaving on the Weds that the show starts and car quality already goes downhill.

Anyone with anything decent has left by the sunday before the show.

2nd may- 10th may will be about perfect date wise. One thing to bear in mind and look out for is the dates changing! I don't know the reason for this, but I would only count those dates as provisional.. A couple of times in the past few years the dates have changed by a couple of weeks - Not good if your holiday is as difficult to book at work as my place is!

In terms of where to stay, I would highly recommend Velden if you can find a decent place - they will book up quickly! It has by far the best nightlife and you'll end up with expensive taxi's or a designated driver if you go out for a few beers. Drinking seems to creep up on you.. you meet some mates, have a couple of beers.. meet some new freinds for life, have a couple more beers.. meet some new euro friends, have some shots.. It's nice to know you can enjoy your evening without thinking about where the cars are & who's driving back.

What to do - my best advise is the more sociable you are, the better time you'll have. The more people you can speak to about whats happening when, the more you'll get out of the trip. There are countless places where meets happen and you could easily miss out on an amazing meet, you need to get chatting with others and find out where they're going that day/the next day. And write it down if you're on the beers!!

Anything else I can think of I'll add to here, if anyone thinks of anything else just ask!

nice one bristol, changing dates is good to know, my booking procedure at work is also a nightmare!

Yep I'm in :D

That's excellent info up there from Bristol Baron. We didn't really get chatting to many people til the Friday night when we were leaving early Saturday and people who were leaving themselves. Interesting about the dates changing as well - so is it not true it's always around Ascension Day?

just to bring this to the fore front, anybody a definite? booked up? places are going fast

we or at least i went there the past 5 or 6 years, always choosed the week before the official show / time. nicer cars, less police, less drunken morons in the week before. we already booked our hotel in Krumpendorf (near Klagenfurth) nice place to stay.

i just can say to you guys, do it, it's worth it.

How strange - was just thinking about this thread the other night but thought it was a bit early for a bump :lol: I'm more than likely still in mate ;)

You going again next year Torsten?

hope so jamie need you as a tour guide ;-)

booked my ferry now, although the rado's looking sad and sorry for itself at the minute!

Here are some pics of last year, but its still a work in progress. Car is getting its DSG right now.

14931351wj.jpg

14931352pp.jpg

Its also getting a new interior, beige leather and some other stuff.

Craig don't sweat too much if your cars not ready mate - I'll have a spare seat and I'm sure I can make some room in the boot, so your mrs can jump in with me and there's a bus station by the ferry port for you :D

That does look awesome Torsten. Let us know if you organise or hear of any meets over there?

Will do, last year we had 2 GTG in the week before of official show.

vwl3aqxl.jpg

97iinqlg.jpg

we went down there with the grey S8 (left) and my Corrado

Cool. We're going down the week before too - 03/05-09/05. Seriously can't wait :)

hahaha just seen this jamie, tell you what, you can drive down with her and put up with her crap music and i'll meet you there ;-)

deffo get these dates for these meets too, will be excellent

hahaha just seen this jamie, tell you what, you can drive down with her and put up with her crap music and i'll meet you there ;-)

deffo get these dates for these meets too, will be excellent

Deal!!!

christmas greetings, thought id pop a post on here just to bring it to the forefront for any members who may have missed it, would be good to meet up if you had plans for a 2015 trip, the Facebook page me and jamie started is doing well currently at 1.3k people from all over the globe,crazy really, but feel free to join in!

the vw scene never fails to amaze me, complete group of strangers all coming together for the love of vw

Quality Loepan glad it is going well for u and Jamie I'll be perusing very soon. something I need to do Worthersee

You seen some of the women that have signed up to that page? Jesus!

I desperately need to try and find some new mates before May or I won't be going :(

Tempted. Always wanted to do it.

EDIT: Hmmm, very tempted. Always wanted to do this. Will look into it. I suspect most decent accomodation has gone by now though. Is there camping?

Edited by Portent