Sign in to follow this  
Rick

VR6 Turbo Kit?

Which tubo kit would be the best for a VR6?, the http://www.audspeed.com or http://www.keniticmotorsport.com.. The kenitic one comes with no ECU chip but with a I/C, the audspeed comes with a I/C but no ECU chip?.

I've spoke to both and they tell me the kit fits on a 2.9 with little mods to the downpipe and intercooler piping. There also both priced around the £1200 including shipping from us ($200)..

Has anybody tried either of these kits, as it's seem's like a good project for the summer.

The kinetic kit looks better. The link is wrong above, they're at http://www.kineticmotorsport.com

Either would make a good project but there are other considerations to think of....... lowering the compression ratio, where to mount an IC on the Corrado, Quaiffe diff etc and with fuel currently more than a £1 a litre in some parts of the UK, a turbo'd VR will be financially crippling!

I want to know how the Americans get 280 Wheel HP on a 2.8 when most people struggle to get that at the fly on a 2.9 in the UK.

3800 bucks is quite steep too.

kevhaywire,

I agree there figures seem to be a bit tall... as for the full consumption its bad enough running a 1.8 turbo .. blimey 2.9 . now that would be funny

eip tuning do various kits that include everything you need and with the dollar nearly half the value of the pound it could even be a bargain

eip tuning do various kits that include everything you need and with the dollar nearly half the value of the pound it could even be a bargain

Would this kit run ok with the EIP chip?

ask eip. I don't see why not. a fella I know if running his brazilian VR6 turbo kit off an eip chip.

I want to know how the Americans get 280 Wheel HP on a 2.8 when most people struggle to get that at the fly on a 2.9 in the UK.

3800 bucks is quite steep too.

The c2 kit uses a larger supercharger than the vf engineering kit that is more common (and comparable with the z engineering kit).

It also comes with the larger injectors on the stage 1 kit that you have to go to stage 2 for with others.

Its still a bit steep, but sounds like the best value supercharger kit going

Seems that Americans measure the whp differently. Either that or they use pullies like shirt buttons :) They claim 280 whp for the c2 kit, but one of the first kits to be dynoed only produced 255 whp :?