Jonny777

Sunroof Motor ASAP!

Hi there,

I'm after a sunroof motor for my Rado VR6 K reg. It's late spec inside so I'm guessing I need a late spec motor!

I need one as soon as possible local to Ilkley or Brighouse West Yorkshire.

Thanks,

Jonny.

Loads for sale on ebay mate, get a mk3 golf motor as they seem to be a bit cheaper and for some strange reason seem to work better.

I bought one a few weeks back for £14 delivered, worked a treat.

Rog.

Just out of interest, have both of your motors stopped working completely?

My sunroof mech on the VR6 was rebuilt, and it seems to work fine, except that the sunroof never slides back properly. It keeps cutting out. The tilt function is fine. Is this likely to be the motor?

Might be able to help you out with that . I have no use for the ones from my car . Im reasonably local to you .

Fitzy, are they fully working? If you can help out it would be great!

I've put a Mk3 Roof in mine and it did seem the motor does fit - just my problem is it won't slide back! Only tilts and as my current Corrado one is goosed and only tilts I'm rather peeved about it!

Is there any particular part number for Mk3 one that'll fit?

Edited by Jonny777

To be honest i couldnt tell you if they work , as my car was bought as a track project the plan is to remove the sunroof and weld the hole . The head lining is all stripped away and when i get to the garage today ill give the motor a feed see if it works .

I have a garage in dewsbury feel free to drop by sometime you are welcome to come see if they are any use to you .

Are you sure your runners are not damaged if the roof will not slide back but will tilt ? sounds suspicious if you are getting the same fault across 2 motors .

I thought that but it winds back with the Allen key. Would that still happen if it was the runners?

If they work mate then they may well be use to me! I'm just well out of my depth on anything electrical.

mine winds back on allen key mate,motor wont take it back but will tilt fully ok, tried two motors...same thing, then gave up as I cant be doing changing a sunroof, i'll probably use once a year

I suspect it wont be the motor it will be the mech, the motor wont have enough oomph to move it where as the allen key will, if you've already tried two motors I suspect the third will do exactly the same