Ferosferio

Wanted: VR6 throttle cable

Hi all,

Looking for a new/new'ish throttle cable - or at least one in good condition - for a '94 Corrado VR6. It's the version with a hook at the pedal-end. Had my cable off and it's fraying quite badly quite near the hook end.

I realise this is a long shot but worth asking on here, just in case...

Cheers.

I think the MK2 golf cable may be usable?

It has the same ends but I'm not sure on the length.

You would have to swap the rubber bung over from yours.

Maybe worth a punt if your stuck?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK2-GTI-16V-ACCELERATOR-CABLE-THROTTLE-CABLE-C968-/200931330805?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item2ec870caf5

EDIT: Seems the carb version (part no.192721555) may be better at 1360mm, the 8V Gti is only 1084mm (192721555A).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-GOLF-Accelerator-cable-MK2-Golf-Carb-models-84-92-manual-RHD-/390862665776?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5b013af830

Edited by science

I think the MK2 golf cable may be usable?

It has the same ends but I'm not sure on the length.

You would have to swap the rubber bung over from yours.

Maybe worth a punt if your stuck?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK2-GTI-16V-ACCELERATOR-CABLE-THROTTLE-CABLE-C968-/200931330805?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item2ec870caf5

Cheers science :thumbleft: I'll do a bit of research and see what the script is with the Gti cable.

I'm pretty sure I have one , ill check for you.

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Are these still available new from VAG?

According to my local VW dealer they were discontinued in 2010. Suppose there could be some existing stock somewhere in the network but I guess it's just your luck.

Moneypit23 aka the girlfriend has sent a used one off to speedy cables to be copied. So they will then keep it on file to be ordered by all. More info soon

Moneypit23 aka the girlfriend has sent a used one off to speedy cables to be copied. So they will then keep it on file to be ordered by all. More info soon

Fantastic. I was just thinking having looked at some pictures on the net, that they didn't look very 'special' and should be copyable. Keep us posted!

As Jim said, keep us posted Jon. Even if I do get a replacement, it would be interesting to know what's involved i.e. cost, time etc.

We actually got the used one off vince at stealth to be copied. And he said put me down for 5 when its been copied haha.

Im sure a groupbuy will happen Jim we'll just have to wait to see what speedy cables come up with

And just so she gets the credit its Katy (moneypit23) thats done the posting and emails to speedy cables

Edited by Jon_vr6

We actually got the used one off vince at stealth to be copied. And he said put me down for 5 when its been copied haha.

Im sure a groupbuy will happen Jim we'll just have to wait to see what speedy cables come up with

And just so she gets the credit its Katy (moneypit23) thats done the posting and emails to speedy cables

Just a side note, from someone who has used Speedycables for over ten years,

They are NOT speedy !!! It takes them 3 months to re calibrate a speedo

But,there cables are top notch

Sorted. Received a replacement cable today, courtesy of borachris. Thanks mate.

Thanks to all who replied.

No worries mate :)

once Ferosferio is sorted if anyone still has one Ill take it

thank you

I'm collecting another VR6 tomorrow night, I'll let you know if the cable is any good if you still need one ;)

I'm also after a good VR6 throttle cable - several people have driven mine and insist the throttle pedal is very stiff.

Kind of interested in one of these SpeedyCables ones though if they can be made!

What did you do to service it mate? I always thought the plastic lining is the 'lubricant' and that sticking WD40 or sommat down it wasn't recommended? Happy to take some advice from more knowledgable folks tho!

I need one ASAP did you get anywhere with this?

I have had two cables made by

http://www.venhill.co.uk/

They were done of a drawing and a phone call,

I have just spoke to them about making one for a Corrado,no problem if they have a sample

I don't have a Vr6, but if someone could take over where I started,they said once they have made one,they would keep it on record for anybody else needing one

Couldn't give me a price(I don't know what it looks like)

But the ones I had made were £47 each