Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Alloy wheels fitment & opinion...

Anyone care to give me an opinion on these Oz F1 Cups? Can't really beat the price if you ask me..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 00192&rd=1

Considering getting a set as I think the dark / anthracite colour would match well with green, but i'm not 100% sure. Tom / VR6 seems to think they'd go.

I'd also like to know if 7x16 ET37's would look right in Corrado arches or would they sit in too far?

Yeah, I think the yellow writing could look odd on a lot of cars, but I think it would be a nice contrast on Jim's green car.

You still got the p-chop Jim?

Jim, my OZ Crono's are 7x16 ET37, have a look at my recent thread for photos 'My C in the lakes'.

Not sure about those tbh. Imo, the C is better suited to either a 5/6 spoke or multispoke like the BBS RM/RS/LM etc.

Those OZs are basically what went onto the orignal Clio 172 and we don't want any similarities there do we?

In my humble one, the C is an old school car and therefore deserves some quality old school rims to go with it. I'm thinking most things from the BBS camp, Azevs, Brock B1s, Stil Auto Sigmas etc etc......

K

Jim, if it's any help I'm not entirely satisfied with the distance my OZ's sit in the arch but of course that's my opinion. I can't justify selling my OZ's so I'm gonna make up a custom set of wheel spacers at work, we have the materials and equipment.

Cheers

7x16 et35 toooo far in in my opnion

I'll have to agree with you there Daz.

Jim - just like me, you have the later bodied G60 with the VR bonnet, VR front bumper & wider VR front wings. Also like me, you'll still have the narrow G60 axles. Get yourself some ET25's - they'll look far better 8)

I like these -azevwheel.jpg

stevemac, those wheels are well nice i've always liked them :wink: can u still buy them if so any idea where from?

Jim, OZ is a great brand but they do look very err.....Max Power, especially with that centre section.

I took a quick trip down to Halfrauds today to check out their deals.. I wish I had bid on a set of 17" anthracite coloured Oz Superleggeras on eBay.de which went for about £380 in the end (brand new) - Halfords price was nearly double that even with 25% off :shock:

I will go down there again and have another look though - their books & corresponding price guide are a bit of a challenge to work out.

With regards to the wheels I orignally started this thread over, decided against them in the end.. don't think they would have looked right.

Kev - i'd love some BBS's but they are some of the most expensive alloys you can buy. All the best ones that crop up on eBay seem to be 5x100 PCD and consequently not suitable for me. To be honest, having seen the prices around at the minute, i'm still really thinking about my original choice of 16" Speedline Comp2's which are £517 before tyres. This is my car with said wheels on.. only wish leew still had them when I bought the car off him!

Jim, One of the things I did at inters this year was to pay particular attention to wheels, I like the comp 2 as it is subtle. My shortlist is as follows, based around wheels I have seen on corrados:

Wolfrace Voodoo I Cheap and the ones I'm having

Kosei sniper Less than £100

XTR Coast £65 + vat from ECP

TSW Fury Less than £100

I know its all personal preference but you may find an idea here.

I always wish I could see a few more of these wheels on Corrados to make my mind up.

Corrado-Database.nl has been handy in that respect for finding Corrado's on well known types of alloys.. but some of the more affordable ones such as Fox seem to look pretty good from what I have seen. Alloys are just so hit and miss for me! Although all the wheels you have listed all seem good... i'm sure Joby has those Kosei Snipers on his 16v.. or if not, they look quite similar...

I always wish I could see a few more of these wheels on Corrados to make my mind up.

Corrado-Database.nl has been handy in that respect for finding Corrado's on well known types of alloys.. but some of the more affordable ones such as Fox seem to look pretty good from what I have seen. Alloys are just so hit and miss for me! Although all the wheels you have listed all seem good... i'm sure Joby has those Kosei Snipers on his 16v.. or if not, they look quite similar...

jim why dont you just leave the rims you have on the car...

great looks with decreased offset,

cheap tyres when need renewing

best ride quality you are ever gonna get

o,e looking with a euro twist.

do i need to carry on ... :lol:

just my 2p's worth of course

When at inters this time, the thing I noticed was that I was quite attracted to wheels that I had previously written off a Max power specials. The reason that they looked good was that the fit was perfect ie they filled the arch properly and the car wasn't over lowered or sat up like a tractor. You can see this Richies corrado above. Thats the look I want. Got to get this damn engine fitted first!

When at inters this time, the thing I noticed was that I was quite attracted to wheels that I had previously written off a Max power specials. The reason that they looked good was that the fit was perfect ie they filled the arch properly and the car wasn't over lowered or sat up like a tractor. You can see this Richies corrado above. Thats the look I want. Got to get this damn engine fitted first!

storm > what about these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 61265&rd=1

Well i'd consider getting em refurbed.. but I don't know of anyone local. It is a much more affordable option, and I don't honestly dislike the wheels.. I just like how aftermarket wheels fill the arches better.

Would be a lot cheaper though, thats for sure.

Well i'd consider getting em refurbed.. but I don't know of anyone local. It is a much more affordable option, and I don't honestly dislike the wheels.. I just like how aftermarket wheels fill the arches better.

Would be a lot cheaper though, thats for sure.

jim > use a small spacer on the rear if you wanna fill the arch's out a bit more also have you though about having them dimond cut this is relativly cheap and yelds very nice results...

Darren, I seriously considered these. until I saw an aqua blue car on ebay wearing these They didn't fill the arches. On reflection if it had had spacers it would look very nice. I just tried to find the pics but must of deleted them in my clearout on Thursday. Still got about 800-900 pics though so takes a while.

:) refurb, yep thats what im going to get done to mine, from a company called spit n polish in tonbridge :wink:

g-master - do you have the standard G60 wheels your motor?