kevinbowe2000

How to dismantle sunroof (not remove from car)

I got to work today and the sunroof only closed half way.

So I remove headliner and sunroof from the car at lunch. Removed totally from car.

It looks like one side of the sunroof is popped off the rails but the other isnt, and it is nearly closed and will not move.

I did a search but unable to find any way of dismantling the sunroof so i might be able to get it back on its rails and close fully.

Dont care right now if it will work or not. Just need to get it fully closed and back on the car (Security and potential rain).

Does anyone know of a place that might have a few pics on how to do this, or even just a few instructions.

Thanks in advance

IIRC the bentley manual has an exploded diagram showing all the mechanism of the sun roof - not sure if you can find it online though

Thanks dragon. Think my whole sunroof is near shot :(

Upgrade to a moon roof might be necessary. But at least I got it nearly closed. A bit of tape to seal it up just in case

A new cable is furry. Grease will help.

As to getting it closed: From tilt, used the winding handle. From slide, it will not close again - ever - unless the problem is with the motor. You're going to have to drop the mechanism, remove the motor and bank on replacing the 'water guide plate' as a minimum if you want it to work again. It can be closed using brute force though.

I'm having great difficulty finding a b3 or b4 sunroof. Know that the mk3 sunroof mech fits but not the glass (sots a bit proud in the middle).

I've heard that the mk2 Ibiza, mk2 Toledo and mk1 Octavia sunroof fit a Corrado with no worries. A couple mk1 Octavia sunroofs about. Anyone have any idea if this is true or not.

Really like the idea of having a moon roof so looking for glass rather than the Corrado panel in mk3 mech.