Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Removed Induction Kit....

:cry:

I have just had to remove my induction kit (RAM AIR) as the VR was struggling to breath - suspect the filter is dirty and certainly seems like it!!

Trouble is I cant find a cleaning kit for it so I have had to take it off till can clean it properly.... already have the wax too apply...

Any suggestions? - missing the noise already :oops:

soak it in fairy soultion., then rise it throu with running water, usually gets most the dirt out.

Nah, carb cleaner leaves behind oily deposits as it evaporates. I always use an aerial liqui-tab to clean my filters, it's pretty much the strongest domestic detergent you can get.

Nah, carb cleaner leaves behind oily deposits as it evaporates. I always use an aerial liqui-tab to clean my filters, it's pretty much the strongest domestic detergent you can get.

Aerial liqui-tab??? - never heard of it!! - I assume its just washing powder type cleaner>?

Scott.

Right - I have just been for a drive with the standard air box and original paper filter - talk about gutted - total lack of response... I seem to have to push the pedal harder to get anywhere and the engine doesnt want to rev up so fast....

So I have just cleaned the induction kit out with loads of fairy liquid and hot water to find its supposed to be grey not black :oops: - lol.

So waiting for it to dry out then apply some chain wax and its going back on :D

Will be building a heat shield for it with lots of cool air feeds when the head is being done.

Cheers

Scott

Would that drive have been during the hottest part of the day, by any chance?

Give it time... :)

I put my k&n in the washing machine with a wee bit of washing up powder, stuck it through an extra rinse and it came out perfect. 8) :lol:

Yep that's how I wash mine. Just don't do it on boil wash though! 60 degrees max, number 3 on the machine usually. He he, listen to me Mr Domesticated! Don't iron it either :mrgreen:

Ta for the reminder too, mine's due for a clean

Is the washing machine the pushable sucky thing or the spinney noisy thing :?:

good question tom.. aint too sure on that one ma self..... :?

:lol:

K&N do a cleaning kit i spose you could use to re-oil it....

why u using chain wax? (which BTW is acce stuff for lubing up your rear spoiler....)

Would that drive have been during the hottest part of the day, by any chance?

Give it time... :)

Nah mate - that was done at about 7pm when it was nice and cool.....

good question tom.. aint too sure on that one ma self..... :?

:lol:

K&N do a cleaning kit i spose you could use to re-oil it....

why u using chain wax? (which BTW is acce stuff for lubing up your rear spoiler....)

Chain wax is the same as the oil used to lube ram air kits..... at least it looks and feels the same - is also much cheaper!!! :D

Yep that's how I wash mine. Just don't do it on boil wash though! 60 degrees max, number 3 on the machine usually. He he, listen to me Mr Domesticated! Don't iron it either :mrgreen:

Ta for the reminder too, mine's due for a clean

lol - nutter!!! - My missus wouldnt let me put it in the brand new washing machine :shock: