diarmaid16

Unsupercharged G60

Well, this evening I purchased a G60 that has been sitting up for 8-9 years in my neighbours back yard. It was parked up due to the supercharger giving up the ghost and I've been asking the owner's father annually what the plans were for it. So bumped into him in the pub last night and he said he was thinking of scrapping it. So I said I'd take it for a small fee! So now I've got a G60 but moving to Dubai in a few weeks. Wife is delighted! Anyway, I've kept it away from the scrapper for a while. It's probably not worth doing up but will take a better look over next few days.

It's in Ireland Martin so don't know if it'll ever see the UK!

Wannabe, managed to sell the estorils a few weeks ago.

Ah, that's the one you were telling me about, I remember now. What about that "other" one we looked at?

Ha, yes "that one". The ad was gone about a week before I got home so could be sold now or the ad could have just timed out. I've lost the guy's number too but will keep an eye out in case it gets readvertised.

It's in Ireland Martin so don't know if it'll ever see the UK!

Wannabe, managed to sell the estorils a few weeks ago.

Ah thats good you got them shifted

Dougie

Look's good Diarmaid. What registration is on that?? DO NOT BREAK THAT !!!! Do a check and see how many white G60's are left

Edited by clumpy1

Had a good look at this yesterday with a mate who's a panel beater. Apart from having to buy a supercharger, replace every bushing and rubber on the car, blast and paint all suspension and brake components there isn't much to do mechanically!

Front wings and battery tray are goosed and it would probably need a full respray. Scraper seals and the top door rubbers need replaced too. Rear window rubbers are perished.

He reckons I'd be mad to try to bring her back to life but it does have a lovely black leather interior and full set of original BBS wheels. Plus I suppose the G60s are getting rare enough.

Anyway, it'll be a while before I get to see it again so will have a bit of a think!

Ya coullstar, I checked them as I have no clue about bbs wheels. They're RM 012.

Would look nice on my Mk2 Golf if you decide to break :)