Rossi_226

Not a great start...lol

Nice one, reason I asked about the crank bolt as they are a prone failure point on G60's given the load that goes through the crank sprocket and must be specifically torqued as they're a stretch bolt.

good info there jamo!

Yeah i did quite a bit of reading one here and other forums dotted around about things prone to issues, that way i can do as many of them as needed while the engine is out

Ok i have her back and shes determined not to give me an easy life!! Everything was running smoothly the day i first drove her, everything bedding in nicely.....managed about ninety miles of easy driving, then starting idling rough as hell and loosing power low down in the gears??

So far ive cleaned out the ISV, CO sensor, Cleaned out the throttle housing... still no joy, the majority of the time at higher revs she drives fine still. Any pointers? Also what sort of oil temps should i be seeing in her?? Mine seems to be leveling out at anywhere between 118 and 120 degrees?? Water temp sits around 90 to 100 degrees

Your not having much joy after the 90 mile mark lol. These engines do run hot and do benifit from having an upgraded oil cooler so not a major concern. Water temp will proably correspond with oil temp as oil is cooled via the oil and water heat exchanger above oil filter. Do you know what kind of oil is in it?

As for your running issue could be timing related. Lambda failure possibly as the heat can kill them, although you say it's fine up at the higher revs, is that on full throttle? As lambda is overridden on wide open throttle, try disconnecting the rectangle plug located on top of the rear engine mount and see if it idles and run better, if it does then lambda has had it. Next port of call would be to check both throttle switches are functioning correctly.

Thanks for the replies. Doesnt need to be on WOT just once it get above sort of 2500rpm'ish its fine again. Im unsure as what oil was put in it after it was put back together, but will be doing a flush and change soon. Will try those. Will look for the list of VAGCOMs too. Thanks

it seems VAGCOM wont be any good for mine being the G60

"FOR REFERENCE:

VAG-COM can only communicate with the VR6's Motronic ECU (not G60's Digifant or 16v/8v's) but all Corrados' ABS, Auto G.box and OE Immobiliser (if fitted).

Below are pictures of the two types of diagnostics interface found on the Corrado... "