Sign in to follow this  
RadoAds

Feedback on my new bonnet mod

Im thinking this might kickstart a new trend in bonnet modification, quick and easy mod, drive at 60mph and pull your bonnet release, i didnt pull mine but youll all get the same results.

:cry:

Ouch!!

How did that happen?

Edit: What caused the bonnet to release

this happened to me at 30 in a hire van .............scared the sh*t out of me.

any damage to the rest of the car :?:

oooh, that's not good... :?

any damage to the rest of the car? I've not had that happen before, but I've come close on my old MKI golf when the bonnet skin came off the frame at about 75.... it cleared the car completely, and fortunately it was late at night and there was nothing else on the road... :|

Hope you can get it sorted out soon and with as little cost and hassle as possible RadoAds.... 8)

No idea why it came open, doin about 60 and bang, the most shocking thing was the interior light hit me on the head, broken the bonnet hinges clean from the inner wings, smashed the windscreen and dinted the roof from one side to the other also scratched both wings slighty with the corners of the bonnet, hey look on the brightside as my son said " at least the spoiler still works" :lol:

I've had one side of the bonnet pop up at 80 when it didn't latch down properly.

You guys need to keep on top of the bonnet latch maintanence and ensure there is plenty of resistance to get the bonnet to latch down, on both sides. Grease up the centre hook too as they sieze in the open position and will therefore not stop the bonnet from flying open if the 2 outer latches fail.

hope no one was hurt mate, i'm of to do some bonnet latch maintanence, best to be safe than sorry :mrgreen: .

whats the difference between the late spec and the old one???? and dont say the new ones not bent double :lol:

or as some clever sod once wrote: (and has been copied sooo much for :D )

old bonnet ----___----

new bonnet ___----___

8)

Just got the quote for the insurance company.................£1750+vat :shock: :( , gotta speak to em tomorrow.............write off maybe :roll: ..............so my total Corrado ownership was.........2 weeks :mad:

By the way, ball park figure needed, what was my C worth, 1991 1.8 16v with 139k on the clock, dragon green in average condition, few little blisters on body that needed sorting interior was dark type and very good condition, no show winner but looked nice enough from a few feet away :wink: 17's and everything worked inc spoiler and roof :lol: , i didnt pay a lot for her but there was a lot of haggling and I know the insurance company is going to try to stuff me, as they do to everyone so i just wanted a few figures thrown at me so I have at least some knowledge before my l-o-n-g drawn out phonecall im expecting to have with em tomorrow....thanks guys and gals

I had exactly the same thing happen a month back on my golf, the bonnet flew open at 40mph, luckly I've got gas lifters fitted, one came clean out but the other stopped the bonnet from hitting the screen.

James

By the way, ball park figure needed, what was my C worth, 1991 1.8 16v with 139k on the clock, dragon green in average condition, few little blisters on body that needed sorting interior was dark type and very good condition, no show winner but looked nice enough from a few feet away :wink: 17's and everything worked inc spoiler and roof :lol: , i didnt pay a lot for her but there was a lot of haggling and I know the insurance company is going to try to stuff me, as they do to everyone so i just wanted a few figures thrown at me so I have at least some knowledge before my l-o-n-g drawn out phonecall im expecting to have with em tomorrow....thanks guys and gals

tbh if i were you i would try and repair your C without using the insurance company.........as by the looks of it...its "only" going to be an un-economic to repair type write-off......as for the £1750 price to repair......pretty sure you could get that down to easy just over £1k's worth by buying/using 2nd-hand parts

as for price the insurance company will more than likely just pay out

depends on how much he paid for it,if it was under 2k then he may as well claim on the insurance,the roof wont be easy to get right if its quite badly dented

Yeah, hold on to it and keep an eye out for someone who has written one off or blown up the engine - you can't give her up -

nice wheels by the way

. :lol:

I did 120mph in mine last night. got to the cinema, only to find that only one catch on the bonnet was locked in, and it was sticking up at the passenger side!! lucky escape there!!!

I did 120mph in mine last night. got to the cinema, only to find that only one catch on the bonnet was locked in, and it was sticking up at the passenger side!! lucky escape there!!!

Yep, same has happened to me. And I've also driven it with neither latch in it's home and only noticed the bonnet flapping up and down at 95mph. Thank god for the middle latch :?