sexybourbon

Big port obd1 throttle body

Im after a ported throttle body , not polished but actually bored out and a bigger butterfly

Just a feeler at the moment as iv got lots going on but if anyone has out that can be put to one side for a month or so ? I just want to see what people have lying about there garages

I know there was a guy who ised to convert them but iv lost the link to the guys name and his email ! Im not sure he did that type of work anymore

alpine427 or something similar was his username. I've got a few standard throttle bodies if they're of any use?

Im not sure on a standard car mate but im running a schrick and soon to be 268 cams on a new rebuilt head so hoping that the extra throttle will work well with the high revs to deliver for the cams and top end

And fla i might take you up on that mate thanks for the guys name ill see if i can dig him up and ask him

Ive got a big bore AMD throttle body with Porsche 72mm Butterfly for sale at the start of October.

Science do you have any info on your current set up ? Ill do some research on what was standard and see how much bigger the porsche butterfly is as i think its best to go about 2mm bigger

Keep me in mind bud and when it comes to sale time

I had 3 tbs on my VR6: The original one, a ported one from alpine, and one from a late model OBD1 Golf. The later had a bigger ID than both of the others, and a faster acting linkage.

Just a thought...

So the mk3 golf was the biggest ? I didnt actually know that there was golf vr6 obd1 ! I thought that they only came as obd2

Ill look in to this a bit more thanks for the info

Im sure the lower powered mk3 vr6 engines had a smaller throttle plate to increase torque?

Im gonna have a good read tomorrow as i thought that the obd2 could not be messed with , due to it being sealed , but im not sure on the origional diamiters if the corrado vr6 throttle compared to the diamiter of the golf vr6 throttle , also weather there is a change in size from early golf to late golf !!

Does anyone know if there is a site that gives specs on this kind of stuff or am i going to have to trawl the web for loads of conflicting advice

Science do you have any info on your current set up ? Ill do some research on what was standard and see how much bigger the porsche butterfly is as i think its best to go about 2mm bigger

Keep me in mind bud and when it comes to sale time

Current set up can be found under additional info on my user page, but the throttle body has been on the car since I got it. Back then the only other mods were air filter, exhaust and chip. Car always felt quick with a great throttle response and great noise.

I think 72mm may actually be the size of the bore not the butterfly, I took some photos to compare it to the OBD2 throttle body, I'll see if I can find them.

I think it used to be a common mod to compliment the Schrick Manifold and 268 cams.

Only removed due to changing to OBD2. I still have the receipt from AMD, £500 fitted! LOL

OBD1 and OBD2 throttle bodies are not interchangeable without changing your ECU and wiring. The OBD2 has a stepped ramp, has a smaller butterfly and difficult if not impossible to modify successfully.

AFAIK there are two factory variants of OBD1 throttle body, one has a stepped ramp and a smaller butterfly (MK3 Golf,Passat,Vento), the other is smooth and has a larger butterfly (Corrado).

The AMD throttle body has; a butterfly which is a step larger again, low profile centre spindle, countersunk screws, smoothed and polished with a larger overall bore.

Edited by science