Dude VR6

Which is Cheaper

I've had a slow puncher for the last week. So on the way home I drop into my local tyre warehouse to get said puncher fixed. Only to find out that my alloy is cracked. :censored:

So my question is do I try and get the wheel welded up and refurbed, or do I try and find a replacement alloy ? Any thoughts on what you guys think would be helpful.

Which wheels, and did they give you a quote for repair? I had one done which cost me (well, the previous owner) £70. If it's a speedline, they occasionally come up on eBay relatively cheap, but you won't know the true state of it tbh. Your call I guess.........

There Compomotives MO 5 1783, which I brought a few months after the group buy on here. So I've put two speedlines on the rear with winter tyres on and put the best tyre on the front.

Not sure if I hit a pot hole, as the roads are so bloody bad that you can never tell the difference !!!!

Knowing where abouts you/we live i can sympathise. Our daily car has to have the wheels rebalanced every month or so due to the amount of potholes in the area amd the mileage done around here. The wheels on that also have developed various buckles due to the really big ones that the local council have finally fixed although they wouldnt pay up for a new set of wheels. Me and the misses came to the conclusion that untill the local roads are made alot!!! better the daily won't be getting new wheels as its a never ending battle.

I would get the wheel refurbed.

I'm suprised its cracked, anyway welded is best approach as trying to get a single wheel from them is very hard. If ones not in stock to machine then you could wait years.

I ended up buying two slightly narrower ones just to get me back in the road.

I sent Compomitive an email enquery about the wheels, and got a response back yesterday.

"The wheels are not in stock, and will not be back in production untill early 2015."

So after all it looks like I will need to get the rim welded up and refurbed. So thats 2 sets that will require a refurb(BBS ch`s) before I can enjoy the car again.:(