robrado974

Power steering whine

Hi all , during removing the front end , I disconnected the power steering pipe where it fits to the pump . I got the car back together tonight , filled up the tank and started the car to check it was running right after the work I had done . The pump started to whine straight away . I turned the wheels back n forth to bleed it and top it up , but even though it's at the right level it's still making a noise . All I have done is drain it and top it up .maybe it's just a coincidence and it was on its way out anyway ? . I can't see how I could of damaged it . Any thoughts?

Kind regards

Rob

a quick spin round the block normally sorts this problem, usually just take it for a 10 min drive then check level when im done and top if needed. doing it on stands first is always better just never fully bleeds it until its driven then its usually quietens down.

Edited by cinadine

Get it on the deck and check Rob. Quite often they die after an air lock or starvation. Very temperamental little buggers!