dazzer263

please help with car valuation

my father in law has decided to give up driving now and asked me to sell it for him

he has been told it could be worth £2500 but i am not so sure

it is a corrado 1.8 16v 1990 petrol red in colour 12 months mot and 1 month tax

the engine had a bottom end rebuild and new radiator

the bodywork is not great with faded paint and scuff marks with bad attempts at patch painting in small areas

the drivers seat bolster is worn ,no remote for central locking,

the engine seems to run on 3 cylinders when first started but runs fine after being revved up a bit

the first gear rattles quite bad but pulls away in first ok

i would value the car quite low but wanted to ask your guys opinion in case i am missing the rarity value of the car or something else that would make it more valuable

please advise me if you can

thanks darron

with out seeing some more pix.... its probably only worth £800 or even less, unless its got either a leather interior or recaro seat or has done very few miles.... often these cars are worth more in parts for someone who wishes to strip them.

Hi there, if I'm honest it doesn't sound in good shape. What is the mileage, and is there any service history? With cars of this age, bodywork tends to be the most important factor, so that is what determines value on the most part. This sound a bit rough on both parts though, and early 16v ones aren't the most desirable. To this end, I'd say sub 1k unfortunately. If he's attached to the car, I'd be inclined to offer it to an enthusiastic family member or friend to take on as a project for what it's worth.

Yeah unless the're perfect the're not fetching decent money just now unfortunately. Between 500-800 going by your description.

guys thanks so much for your views ,at least im on the same wavelength as you all

i was thinking between 4 and 6 hundred so at least im not missing anything

thanks again

darron