robrado974

Fitting door rods . fixed it at last

Are chrome catches ok? I bought some and not sure how they will look etc. That's the reason I was going to take mine off and try to get some pics for you.

They fitted fine Jim , no problem at all as far as I'm aware . Rob is going to remove a doorcard tomorrow to have a look for me . Something is deffinately a miss with mine , nothing seems to line up . I can put the rods onto the plastic part and see how it should go . But when you offer it inside the door , it does not want to sit right . If you hold the door pin rod up right , where it should be the plastic part is at a stupid angle , there's no way the door latch prong is going to go in . Like wise , hold the plastic part straight so it lines up with the latch and the door pin rod is thrown off line . Very confused .in a way I hope that it's not me and something is wrong . If someone comes along and fits it in 5 minutes I'm going to feel very stupid !

Edited by robrado974

Ive only gone n fixed it . Bit of a mix up over the plastic part [left n right ] and it goes in upside down , not to mention the manual looks like its telling you to fit in the lock first .We took off Robs door card and it all became clear , well some of it . Anyway its done now .

Well done on getting to the bottom of it mate. Its a pain in the arse when these simple little jobs take a gazillion times longer than you expect them to!

Thanks Sean , yep a small job that's a right pain , but I have to admit , when you get the parts the right way round it's not so bad . Bit of fiddling and your away .

Congratulations Rob, however.......

I have just spent the last couple of hours taking pictures, uploading them to photobucket and was about to post them on here for you, only to find you have gone and fixed it! LOL

I checked earlier this afternoon to see you had not replied before I went and scraped my phone and knuckles trying to get you a decent picture!!!

Glad to see you got it sorted, but just for my sanity heres one of the pictures:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79842[/ATTACH]

Ah mate , thanks for the effort you went to , it's appreciated . It's a great forum .

Rob

Edited by robrado974