Gregors

Replace high beam tell-tale bulb

The black surround is just a holder so should come unclipped just be gentle. Then the bulb underneath is just push fit, kind of like an led.

I believe all bulbs are still available from the dealer

I don't know where you get a replacement from but a bit of detective work or ask on here someone will know/help

Pop into VW dealership :) Looking on the parts catalogue it appears the VW part number is 357 919 062 - that's listed as bulb with blue cap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79790[/ATTACH]

The white part unclips from the cluster then the black strip unclips from that. Then you can remove the bulb from the white strip and replace it. The bulb has one leg with a bend in it, make sure the new bulb goes in the same way. Easy way into it without physically removing the whole cluster here. http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=46064&highlight=%2Binstrument+%2Bpanel+%2Bblub

Well if you've ruled out the bulb and its not blown then it can only be wiring or switch related.

Steering wheel off and then they are accessible from there

Have you put the bulb the right way round, I'm sure they are LEDs.

Try removing the LED cluster, and use a multimeter to check there is voltage on the 2 pins.

there will only be around 2V there. It will then be a case of checking for continuity working back towards the stalk, then checking the stalk contacts.

If you have a small voltage 2V? Do you have the correct 2V bulb or LED? A higher rated bulb wont work

I ordered a bulb from vw so should be correct. I shall try connectivity tests see what goes. What's the best way to check stalk? As you can guess I'm a novice at electrical testing!!!

Is the bulb in the right way? I'm pretty sure they are polarity sensitive. If you are in there again it may be worth while using one of the other bulbs you know are working to replace the headlight and confirm it's not just a duff new bulb.

Using a meter and checking the voltage on the two pins where the bulb goes, what voltage reading are you getting when you pull the stalk up? And is it reading 0v when the stalk is not been pulled?